Lighten my revo

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

racing revo #21

RCTalk Qualifier
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
Hey
my revo is pretty heavy and i was wondering how you guys lightened
them up. I'm getting into racing and it doesent hit the jumps that well.
RR21

FOC Conversion and a single servo steering setup will be the fastest way to loose weight for racing.

the traxxas tubes help some, the hollow pillow balls help, tekno rx box, ti hinge pins, alum pivot balls, and the pin tires on hurricain wheels are the lightest available i think.

single servo and foc will take abit off as well

mine is pretty light.. WAY lighter then my savage

DSC01502.gif

and it flies great see!!

DSC01787.jpg

Check out the TeknoRC Throttle Servo Mount and RX/Battery Box/Fuel Tank Mount. These will lighten the load as well.

IN the research I did about lightning my revo I was told not to. Basically do what was said above, but beyond that it is not worth it. The power that the racing mills put out (os tm/tz and the 3.3) if the rig is any lighter then it will be harder to control. Get yourself a good setup and practice practice practice.

What about some alluminum:D Just some stuff besides the a arms?
RR21

About the best and only piece of aluminum I would recommend is the front skid plate and maybe the bumper. Once you do all of the above and get the weight down you may actually have to add a little weight up there in the front to keep the nose down. Slayden had like 2 or 3 oz up front for this very reason.

Back