drive shafts

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

racing revo #21

RCTalk Qualifier
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
do you guys know of any aftermarket
or alluminum driveshafts, I just dont
like the idea of plastic. let me know
RR21

MIP CVD's

Are you having problems with the plastic stockers?

robmob said:
Are you having problems with the plastic stockers?

No, I'm just trying to beef it up a little
Thanks
RR21

In that case, don't forget the center drive shafts.

Linky

I haven't had any real issues with mine. I've had steel cvd's wear out faster than the stock plastic ones. Granted, the steels are on BB trucks like my savage, buggies, mammoth and converted max. But, my revo runs an OS 18TM which puts a pretty good strain on them.

I've broken two over the course of a year. Both times was from a really bad wreck when the RPM arm bent further than the axle yoke would allow.

Just trying to help you save your $ to get something else.

Believe it or not the stock plastic ones are just fine. I know of more people having issues with the MIP's than the stockers.

I personally will never replace the stock revo stockers. I have only broken one in the same way Olds did. I have a set of back-ups just in case it happens again.

I have used MIP CVD's with much success on my old T-Maxx which is now my Brushless E-Maxx.

The REVO's sliders are much improved over the Maxx ones which is why I don't see the need to replace them.

If you feel you must switch because you don't like the idea of plastic, the MIP's I linked too are a good choice. There are other CVD's out there as well like TSAIS.

The only 2 issues I know of with MIP CVD's is popping out of the cups during full compression of the suspension and the pins shearing off the dog bone. I have not experienced either one on my maxx.

I agree, stay with the stockers and make an investment in something else like tires/wheels or upgrade the electrics

SMaxxin said:
I agree, stay with the stockers and make an investment in something else like tires/wheels or upgrade the electrics

okkk..., I guess ill have to take your word for it.
RR21