Header Trouble

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bryson

Hardcore RCTalk User
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
So today i was driving my car up and down the street, you know anoying the neighbors and was having fun. But for some reason its like my freaking car knows when to piss me off. I went off the curb and all a suddent it got really loud and weird sounding. I took the lid off to look at what had happen and the header snaped off right at the motor mount. Does this happen often?

Bryson Molesky said:
So today i was driving my car up and down the street, you know anoying the neighbors and was having fun. But for some reason its like my freaking car knows when to piss me off. I went off the curb and all a suddent it got really loud and weird sounding. I took the lid off to look at what had happen and the header snaped off right at the motor mount. Does this happen often?

It can make sure you have both the screws down tight and the pressure from the L screw on back of the the pipe.....this helps keep it all together.

I make checking all of those connections part of the pre flight if you will...especially if you are going to be bashing tough..;):marshall:

TalonOne

Bryson Molesky said:

If you are referring to the stock header, yes, it does happen. May consider an OS header with the springs as your next purchase, that way the springs take the shock and won't snap the header at the mount.

Ya i know the os would be better thats why I'm going to get the os motor for christmas but as of now for a quick fix I'm just going to look for one on ebay. I'm trying to get my truck all together and runing good because on thanksgiving I'm going to the desert dirtbikeing and I'm going to bash the hell out of my truck. Then all the big things are to come os.18 and all the tekno stuff.

Last edited:
Is the 3.3 header the same size as a 2.5 header. I found one on ebay for 2 bucks but dont know if the 3.3 will fit my motor. And heres a ? for you guys is the os more reliable than the 3.3 and how does the power compare. Thanks alot!!

The OS has more power than the 3.3 but not much. They are also easier to tune in most people's opinions.

That what I hear too the os carb is soposed to be a great carb even for the trx motors. But still does anyone know about the 3.3 header on the 2.5.

Bryson Molesky said:
That what I hear too the os carb is soposed to be a great carb even for the trx motors. But still does anyone know about the 3.3 header on the 2.5.

As far as I know it's the same.

Back