Fram Air filter

• Thread starter racing revo #21
  • Start date

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

racing revo #21

RCTalk Qualifier
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
hello,
I've been trying to find one of those fram air filters for your rc but i can't find a dealer.Have you ever tyied one or seen one.let me know
RR21

Do you mean the K&N? Honestly, I would steer clear. They look good, but aren't made for that application. You're better off with an RC-grade, multi-stage foam filter. It will do a better job of keeping the small stuff out of your engine.

hoky doky

Take Candyman's advice, and steer clear of those style filters...

Alright, i think i might just get that then.thanks
RR21

does anybody know if the steamy concepts intake is any good and also if it would work with the stock air filter on the revo 3.3 and if it wood fit with a roll cage????????

back when I 1st started and was a ricey noob I bought one of them air intakes (Dont tell anyone) and it didnt nothing but cause tuning problems.. Truck would barely move..
Just get the motor saver and youll be more than happy.

wow... a new guy that listened and took advide instead of arguing...I can die now....

Sure will, Just have to get the right degree neck.

Do you mean the K&N? Honestly, I would steer clear. They look good, but aren't made for that application. You're better off with an RC-grade, multi-stage foam filter. It will do a better job of keeping the small stuff out of your engine.

He's actually referring to FRAM Air Filters made for R/Cs by CVEC. This paper filter really works, and the filtering capability is amazing. They have made the filter R/C worthy, the facts are on the site. Who knows, this might be the one that works well or even better than Motor Saver. Parts change and improve, and it was only a matter of time before someone made the paper better. Motor Saver is great but the top of the filter is exposed and doesn't really make it a 3-stage filter anymore, just from the sides.
www.vortice-br.com

Last edited:
THat soposibly air filter looks alot like the oil filter for my xr400 dirt bike:LoL: . I dont know just stick to the moto savor.

THat soposibly air filter looks alot like the oil filter for my xr400 dirt bike:LoL: . I dont know just stick to the moto savor.

Before Motor Saver came out, what were the filters made of? Foam...thats it, and thats all the Motor Saver filter is, layers of foam. Nobody keeps playing/racing with older r/c parts, and the Motor Saver filter will end up in that category too in the future. Imagine the Nitro hobby before "nitro" was added. Everyone thought it would destroy the engines, engines would die after one run, and the list went on. Superchargers were considered a joke, until Xtreme R/C Magazine did a dyno test with the RB Innovations version, and got power increases of up to 50%. No matter what anyone does or says...Technology changes.

Back