revo jumping on the track?????????

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

amiaudio

RCTalk Basher
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
any ideas why no matter if i keep a little throttle or not my rig nose dives in the air and crashes on just about every jump....and no the brakes arent to tight....

There could be a few things. You could be letting off the gas before your truck as cleared the face of the jump.

You could add some weights in the rear of your truck to balence it out. I added a wing/mount and seemed to correct my nose heavy problems.

i know a wing will help but it just looks goofy as hell on a monster truck to me...well i was runnin the wide ratio gears last week on a somewhat small track so could it be possible i just wasn't gettin enough speed ...it was clearin the jumps for the most part but it was nose divin like crazy....i have since changed to the standard gears and I'm still usin the 15/40 on the spur and cb....

If you still have the problem try putting a few quarters on the rear end of your truck. This should coutnerbal a bit.

will do then maybe it will be worth something....haha...

You can always stiffen your front springs a little bit too.

That is true, what are you using for a suspension setup?

I'm using p2 rockers and push rods..45wt. oil in the shocks with silver springs in the front and blue in the rear....the diffs have whatever came in them....I'm not too far into the understandin of the springs and the different oils for the shocks and diffs and what they are for....

Look in the revo section here and I started a thread with revo setups. What I have works very well, amd other seem to like to too.

You could also have some axle bearings going out on you. So the tires aren't rotating as freely as they should. I've had that problem before. Screwed with the brake linkage and whatnot for an hour before I realized it was a few bearings that were shot.

Does it seem like the nose never really gets up or is the rear just coming up more than the front?

If the nose doesn't seem to fly try a little more ride height in the front. If the front seems ok in the air but the rear is still coming up try a little less ride height in the rear.

I don't have a Revo so I need to ask... does it offer adjustable downstop? If so, you could try to dial in less rebound travel in the rear.

You must have a Revo 3.3..It's like learning to jump all over again. The blue springs are a little stiff, go a littler softer on the rear.

I'm running vbgagons setup and it just glides of the jumps.

well went to the track friday and the revo ran good...and i figured out my speed issue also the slipper was just a tad loose enough to slip to much and cause it not to shift or hav any punch off the line....thanx for all the help guys....

to be honest I'm not exactly sure what it was.....combination of things....i retuned the motor and that helped alot...and the slipper helped alot more....it sounded like the motor had the rpm's but wasn't movin fast enough to match it.....but all is clear now....thanx guys....

amiaudio said:
any ideas why no matter if i keep a little throttle or not my rig nose dives in the air and crashes on just about every jump....and no the brakes arent to tight....
you might try before you hit the jump to slow down and then right when you get to the to hammer on it thats what i do on mine and it helps alot

amiaudio said:
slow down before you get to the top and then when you get to the top hammer on it and it won't nose dive i had the same problem with my revo3.3

Back