Single Servo

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bryson

Hardcore RCTalk User
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Well its almost christmas and I'm thinking about geting myself a early present. I'm thinking about geting the tekno stuff/wing mount/reciver box ect. And I'm thinking about going to a single servo. Whats a good one kinda on the cheap side. Links would be nice because i dont really know much about electronics.

JR Z650M, plenty torque and cheap (around $50). A lot of guys use the Airtronics 357's but they run a little more and, FME, it'll be a cold freakin day in hell before I ever buy another Airtronics servo. Hitec Ti gears are pretty nce too but again more $$$$.

Just as long as its under a hundred bucks it should be fine. And when i get that should i get a new reciver. Thanks!!

+1 on the JR Z650M, I put one on my son's Maxx and it work great!

IMHO, go with Airtronics or HiTec. I haven't had any problems with these servos. You want something with high torque. I run a 94358 in my Revo, 200 oz of torque.

Ya I'm running the stock reciver-radio combo but like i said i would like to up grade all the electronics on my revo. Id like to get a aritronics controler but id like to get the single servo and tekno stuff first.

not sure if this will help but....when i got ready to put in my hitec 5955tg i was told i needed to upgrade my radio also so i could get the full benefit of the servo...(or something like that)...anyway i just found a spektrum dx2 on fleabay and did both at the same time....u can find them cheap on ebay...(dx2)....

There's no need to upgrade, someone just trying to sell you a radio. I have an M8 w/Spektrum that I might be getting rid of soon

I run the JR Z650M's as well....actually all the way around...but I use two just the stock set up....great servos.

I have always been interested in how they accomplish the setup???

Pictures anyone????

I would think you put both arms on one servo obviosly but do you need one of the arms longer...???

Spastic in Oregon

TalonOne

talon what exactly are u askin.....if ur askin about the single servo mod then no u only use 1 arm....u can either break off the opposing side or u can get the proline single servo arm.....also if u plan to run the tekno receiver box the u need to put the servo on the left side....hope i answered ur question....

amiaudio said:
talon what exactly are u askin.....if ur askin about the single servo mod then no u only use 1 arm....u can either break off the opposing side or u can get the proline single servo arm.....also if u plan to run the tekno receiver box the u need to put the servo on the left side....hope i answered ur question....

Ok One servo one arm....I think I need a visual.......anyone got a pic of the s set up>???????? I Must be thick or sumthin... :seeing_stars:

TalonOne

You just place the servo in either side and hook up the arm as you normally would then you can either ut off the arm to the side not being used or get the Pro-line single servo aluminum arm.

I used a proline arm, take the stock one off and pt this one on...Very easy. I also replaced the stock spring with a HD one.

Last edited:
Ah Thnaks for the pic SMaxxin....I get it now.......I may give this a try..

The JR650M should have the tourqe for it 142oz??

Or do I need one of those fancy Hi TTec 300oz jobbers..??

Thanks for your time in advance...

Talon Out

do you use the JR z650M with the stock battery or do you have to upgrade?

i.e. does stock batt pump out 6.0v

ta,matt.

I'm usin the stock batt's with mine and it holds up fine....but I'm plannin on gettin a better one soon so i can have longer run time.....but as of now it last a good 4 or 5 tanks.....

The stock battery does put out 6v

Back