exhaust

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

racing revo #21

RCTalk Qualifier
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
My exhaust keeps coming off the coupler when i go off jumps. I got zip ties
on there tight. But i think I'm just going to get a new one. What kind do you guys run. I've seen those ones where theres not even a coupler. there like
these little springs on there. do you guys know what it is. Or could you guys
make a little list of the ones you guys think are the best.
RR21

is the pipe flared? if not you can take a flaring set for copper pipe and flare the end. it will help it stay on way better

i did this to my stinger the other day, so the rubber extension will stay on there.

I've also noticed that when you buy a pipe, the part that goes on the
manifold, you know that bolts on to the block. Well its not there.

racing revo #21 said:
I've also noticed that when you buy a pipe, the part that goes on the
manifold, you know that bolts on to the block. Well its not there.

Yep, you're right.

A manifold/header (depends on who you talk to). I didn't see a question in your post, but rather an observation. May be a good idea to take a look at the manual and get better acquainted with the part names, that way you know what you are looking for.

Last edited:
I also have the Trinity pipe/header combo and it screams.......seems I have more power and I love the snappy sound. the kit I got had both big block and less than big block lash ups.

My 2 cents

TalonOne

TalonOne said:
I also have the Trinity pipe/header combo and it screams.......seems I have more power and I love the snappy sound. the kit I got had both big block and less than big block lash ups.

My 2 cents

TalonOne

Thanks alot guys, i think I'm gonna go with talonone on the trinity.

Trinity is a super combination. Just be aware that it is louder (substantially) than the stock set-up and many other pipe/header combinations. If you typically run in a neighborhood setting and have neighbors that may be upset by the noise, then go with the Traxxas Resonator.

not to derail but is the Resonator any quieter then the stock. i was thinking of buying one. but everyone localy has the Trinity, sweet pipe but very loud, I run in a neighborhood.

Tarant said:
not to derail but is the Resonator any quieter then the stock. i was thinking of buying one. but everyone localy has the Trinity, sweet pipe but very loud, I run in a neighborhood.

i mainly do to

IMO if you run a traxx engine the resonator will be the best pipe for your engine.

Yea ..Monkey is right if noise is the issue go with the Resonator...the Trinity is VERY LOUD.......

I like the noise and I have a spot where nobody bugs me about it.:whistle:

Later
TalonOne

Tarant said:

I'm not saying it's any quieter than the stock pipe, but it is quieter than the Trinity.

I also had CVEC pipe that was very quiet, but it did take some of the "punch" out of the engine as well. It ran fine, but man, that Trinity set-up just really opened her up!

Monkey Wrench said:
I'm not saying it's any quieter than the stock pipe, but it is quieter than the Trinity.

I also had CVEC pipe that was very quiet, but it did take some of the "punch" out of the engine as well. It ran fine, but man, that Trinity set-up just really opened her up!

But it sounds like the resonator is just fine from what i here.And when i buy a new pipe, does that piece that the stock exhaust have that you need for the new one just come of somehow?

Monkey Wrench said:
You can use the existing header if you wish.

But what I'm getting at is how come theres nothing on the new headers. and say i bought the one piece, then what do i do?

racing revo #21 said:
But what I'm getting at is how come theres nothing on the new headers. and say i bought the one piece, then what do i do?

What are you talking about?

Is your coupler coming off the header or off the exhaust pipe itself?

The piece that bolts to the engine is the header. The blue thing that the exhaust comes out of that's bolted to the rear shock tower is the pipe.

I've had the problem keeping the header from breaking where it bolts to the engine. I fixed my problem by buying an OS 18TM that comes with a much nicer header piece. It's not bolted to the engine, but rather uses a exhaust gasket and spring so it can absorb shock better from harsh landings. I broke 3 or 4 stock headers at $25 a piece. That's half the cost of my 18TM! Just for a stupid pipe problem.

The trinity pipe comes with it's own header and it's own exhaust pipe. The header is attached to the exhaust pipe with springs and attached to the engine with springs. All of which absorb impacts and shock better.

The vantage pipe and resonator pipe expect you to use the crappy stock header.

I'd suggest buying this one: http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&W=000426515&I=LXFBA0&P=K
You have to bend it a bit to get the pipe to line up, but it mounts to the engine with a gasket and spring. This is less problematic. Plus, it's half the cost of the stock header.

Back