smoke

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

racing revo #21

RCTalk Qualifier
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
Yo,
I've noticed when i was reading the previous threads that you gys say you like smoke and a good temp. well I got the good temp part. I got plenty of smoke when i punch it . But none at all when i going. is still alright.

What temp are you running at? I find that I get a lot of smoke at the low end, but less when going fast.

Harder to see the smoke at high speed...

Possibly a little lean on top. It's hard to say without seeing it. When you temp it are you bringing it in right after a run and temping right away or waiting a few seconds? WHat's the temp?

Yo Yo.... do you have a temp gun?

Put your car on a stand, and see how much smoke comes out at different throttle intervals... Then you'll have your answer and you can tune from there.

jon2 said:
Yo Yo.... do you have a temp gun?

yo yo.. yes i do. its one of those laser ones

And my temp is 245 exact. and I'm temping right away

What was the resolution to this? Was it running lean at the top-end?

What was the resolution to this? Was it running lean at the top-end?

Have you done the pinch test? If it instantly dies or dies before 3 seconds it is lean. So richen the LSN.

But inititally you want to tune the HSN, then the LSN and then you may have to adjust the idle.

But for the HSN, when you are tuning for high speed, does it want to die when you give it Full throttle? If it does, more than likely the HSN is too lean so richen her up. There is a fine line between going the fastest and blowing up the engine. Running the engine too lean will reduce the life of it.

Once you have the HSN tuned right then adjust the LSN to get the best Acceleration of the line. The pinch test is a great method to help you figure out if your LSN is out of tune.