revo

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

racing revo #21

RCTalk Qualifier
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
Yo,
when I'm driving my revo 3.3, ill run it ,say 5 minuets and it dies then it takes a couple minuets to start back up. You guys know whats up?

It's overheating. Get yourself a temp gun and see. If you don't have one you can do the spit test. Either way, it's overheating from one of two things, improper tune (too lean) or an air leak which can be in a number of places.

Yeah, I had this problem too, I just richened it and it worked great. If you want, you can get a temperature monitor, I think it's called "Vemon" or something, it checks voltage and tempature of given spot.

Myself, I have a infrared thermometer which I got from work, retail cost is about 250$, but it measures to the degree, from up to 20 feet away.

Good luck!

jetmechG550 said:
Just get the Atomic or Tempgun.com one for like $25

thanks
:goodpost:

I would say just try leaning it out a little. I run my 3.3 revo a little rich so that I can run it longer. I dont usually worry about temp unless the motor quits. then I check my on board temp gauge and let it cool down a minute. If that doest work try for air leaks like said privously.

dirus74 said:
I would say just try leaning it out a little. I run my 3.3 revo a little rich so that I can run it longer.

I think you have it backwards, running rich burns more fuel and will shorten your run times

dirus74 said:
I would say just try leaning it out a little. I run my 3.3 revo a little rich so that I can run it longer. I dont usually worry about temp unless the motor quits. then I check my on board temp gauge and let it cool down a minute. If that doest work try for air leaks like said privously.

I think you mean richen it a bit. If the engine is running hot and is hard to restart, chances are you are too lean.

thanks,
i totally forgot about this thread. I went out and got a temp gun and forgot to thank you guys.
thanks again

Back