Custom Rollbar or Rollcage

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

erix920

RCTalk Basher
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
This is just a rough product, it's not 100% done yet!

Well, I was offely bored yesterday and saw that my car took alot of hits to it's main parts during a high speed rollovers or just going off a jump and landing upside down. So I come to the conclusion that little bar thing wasn't doing the trick..

So, I went down to home depot, bought 6 feet of aluminum and 15 rivets (used 2).

After all the bending I got some good results.
http://www.ecct2.com/images/revo/DSCF0005.JPG

As you can see from a side view.

What I did was drill holes in the alumium and then just sliped it over the spot behind the front and back bumpers. Then just put the bumper back, then screwed everything back in. I put the cross member in the middle just for more ridigidy. This is very very light as well, not even close to a pound.

This only took about 1 and half hours to come up with the idea, goto home depot (8 minutes away), drill, rivet, measure, bend and screw them on.

You can see more photos at.. www.ecct2.com/images/revo

When I get my drill back later today, I plan to make ribs that come down and guard the starter + air filter. I will take more pictures when I build that.

So what do you guys think? Comments, Suggestions?

Last edited:
Just run the body. It will be alot easier to work on things and will be less prone to breaking other things. Thats my .02

From this angle, it really looks like you're cutting off alot of the air circulation to your engine. Also, a few bad landings are going to end up bending it up pretty bad. If anything you should put some braces in the center of it to help take the hits.

Take your time and make it strong, you'll be happier in the end.

I tryed to run with the body and the ground kept on scraping up the engine head, remember this was throw together quick, it's not final by far.

And with cutting off the air circulation I was planning on making a new body, hopefully getting some like a body with a blower on it to direct the air into the air filter.

Oh and this thing will rarely bend unless you jump on it, I had this bend this by hand, and it's hard :).

Also, I made this becasue I didn't want to pay $50 for something pre-made, so instead I used my ingenuity to make something for under $15.

Last edited:
erix920 said:
Also, I made this becasue I didn't want to pay $50 for something pre-made, so instead I used my ingenuity to make something for under $15.

Whatever tickles your pickle.:puke:

Back