Revo Problem

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aceracer21

RCTalk Basher
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
Hey Guys,
I got a revo 3.3 and when its running it just revs up. It doesn't move at all. "Yes its in gear."
Please help

Check your slipper clutch tension and also make sure it has not eaten the slipper clutch pads.

Revo Rancher said:
Check your slipper clutch tension and also make sure it has not eaten the slipper clutch pads.

Thanks,
I appreciate your help. Ill go do that right now

Sorry to bother, but I'm kinda new and, how might you do that

The slipper clutch is the plate and pads behind the spur gear. There should be three little pads that look like little brake pads. If they are all there, your next item to look at is how tight or loose it is. A properly set slipper should be as follows. Stick an allen wrench in the hole of the shaft that comes through the front of the tranny, with it held secure, try to move the spur gear with your thumb, you should be able to just barely move with some pressure. If it spins easy it's obviously too loose, which sounds like your problem. Could be too that the locknut isn't holding, get a 5mm locknut or you can use loctite if need be til you can get a new one. Also make sure you use the two little concave washers when you put it back together should you take it apart.

thanks guys

Just curious.. is this still in break in? If it is then this condition will be typical. watch the DVD for break in.

Let us know

Jon

No, Its on its second gallon of top fuel

my spur gear is kinda stripped, would that cause it to rev up high, and not move

Back