Mini LST problems.

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

4u2nv

Gone - bye bye.
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
I was out ripping around with the mini Lst yestersay and everything went good. No probs. I ran out of batteries to I had to quit for the day. I left them charge over night last night, and was going to rip around again today. When I put the battery in (a 7.2V losi one that came with it) and nothing. So I took the volt meter and it came out at over 7v's. I checked all the connections and everything seems fine.. It looks like the Esc isnt even powering up.. Any one know what this might be? I mean I used the same battery yesterday and its holding a good charge, so it has me confused.. What do I need to check?

Try taking the pinion off of the motor and then fire it up. If the motor spins then you have a bind or a melt down in the drivetrain.

wouldnt my esc light up though?

how hot did the ESC get yesterday? the stock ESC has been known to over heat and basically crap out. if u have checked the drive lines and found no bind, my guess is the esc is done.

Whoops, my bad. I thought I read that it ws lighting up.

Then, I suspect it is the on/off switch. Try to wire from battery to ESC direct.

Everything worked fine yesterday. Yesterday it was pretty cool out, and I drove for short periods of time, so I dont think it really got to warm.. Ill try the on and off switch thing. (It is pretty cheasy)

I think I figured it out.. Stupid me.. When I went to charge it, I grabbed the wrong charger. Charged it with a Ni-Cd when its a Ni-mh battery. Battery shot now? Ah, to be a noob again..lol

drain it down and charge it back up with the right charger. you wont know if its shot till you try!