Whats the difference?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

4u2nv

Gone - bye bye.
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
I run a search and didnt find anything, so I gotta ask..

Whats the different between the Mini-t and the Rc18t?

4u2nv said:
I run a search and didnt find anything, so I gotta ask..

Whats the different between the Mini-t and the Rc18t?

Never owned a T but I do know that The RC18 is FWD And the T is just RWD.

Andy, you may want to move this to the 1/18th section. Differences, FME, outside of one being Losi, the other being AE. The Mini-T has a proprietary esc/servo setup which sucks but I believe the Pro kit has no electronics. I had both at one time and while I never really got into the whole electric mini thing, the RC18T was a better ride.

I meant to put this in 1/18th. I was wondering why there was a thread about a Mbx5 in here..lol.. (If a mods reading this, can you please move it?)

I understand its two different companies, was just curious if there was anything drasticly different between the two. Pluses and minus's.

Mini-T is 2WD
RC18T is 4WD

They have ver difference chassis configurations as well. The RC18T is setup like an electric touring car while the Mini-T is set up like a 1/10 scale stadium truck.. the layout of components I mean.

I have both but I've yet to run my RC18T in the year I've had it. My Mini-T has seen a lot of changes from bushed motors to brushless and back again, from bone stock to all alluminum to half and half. I love it. It kind of has the reputation for being the T-Maxx of mini's... being that it really does NEED certain hop ups to be fun and durable. But I stand by it 100%. Mine may not do 50mph but I have the most fun with it now with a decent modified motor and a good 6-cell Nimh pack. Quick, durable, convenient, and FUN!

I'll finally be finishing my RC18T build here in a couple weeks as I find time to work on it. I have all the components just need time to set it up.

I'll side with Lessen on the duriblity, I got a Mini T for my son. He is 7yrs old, knows nothing less than WOT, and hits everything in sight. The only thing I have had to do up till today is replace the antena tube. It did start acting up this evening thou, probaby just need to adjust the slipper.

I honestly don't see how you reasearched this and still didn't know, no offense. It says on each companies website. Sorry, I just don't see how.

4u2nv said:
I meant to put this in 1/18th. I was wondering why there was a thread about a Mbx5 in here..lol.. (If a mods reading this, can you please move it?)

I understand its two different companies, was just curious if there was anything drasticly different between the two. Pluses and minus's.
I was just bustin' yo nutz!:breakdown

I know man..lol..No worries.

I didnt look on the companies websites. Id prefer to hear it from people here who will be honest with ya. Companies are obviously more biased towards there products.

Supralover72 said:
I honestly don't see how you reasearched this and still didn't know, no offense. It says on each companies website. Sorry, I just don't see how.

Well If you were to go back and re read his post..
He is looking for the + and - Of the two

If you are still looking for info I can add this;

The car's chassis are completely different from each other.

MiniT;
2wd, durable and slower than slow in it's stock form. There are a bazzillion hop-ups available. It's unbalanced/rear heavy, very hard to control when fully hopped up.

RC18;
4wd, durable and slower than slow in it's stock form. There are hop-ups galore available. Very well balanced and easy to contol when fully hopped-up.

I have both and I've yet to put the motor/esc/batts back in the MiniT this year because the RC18 beats the MiniT to death hands down in every category.

My personal .02

All I'm saying is he said major differences. On each companies website they say 2wd or 4wd, and if oil filled shocks, bearings, and ball diffs are included. Sorry if I sounded like an butthead.

The RC18ts engine and gears are onto of the chassis and in the mini-T its all rear mounted.I have Mini-t I'm very happy with it cept for the plastic parts that brake but i beat the poop out of it and it keeps up with my 18ss on my track and all i ahve is a 6 cell battery adn the baja engine.

Back