My Copper Jacketed Bullet

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

1500valk

RCTalk Addict
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
One Rc18t Factory Team Edition. Quark 33a speed control, Hacker e30 brushless motor. HPI touring car wheels and Pirelli tires (1/10 scale), Trinity 1/10 scale wheel adapters, Parma x-citer buggy body painted Tamiya Copper, 3 Racing diff outdrives, 3 Racing steering linkage, and a Spektrum receiver. It's finally done! Woo hoo!

1085IMG_0206.JPG

Weird, it shows for me.

now its working...
looks great.

Well, BYT had a similar one. There's was blue with the touring tires and wheels. I decided I liked how it looked like a miniature 1/8 4wd buggy.

Mikie likes it alot!
Got a shot with the lid off?

Cover your eyes, children... IT'S NEKKID!

1085IMG_0212.JPG

I mounted the Quark in a vertical manner. Not sure on that, still working on ways to mount to maximize space and protection.

wow, that thing sure does look awkward with the body off.. hehe. I think that's totally tas tas. :thumbup::thumbup:

that's why we leave it's clothes on, most of the time.

1500valk said:
Trinity 1/10 scale wheel adapters

I assume that these are 1/18th to 1/10th scale wheel adaptors. Correct me if I'm wrong.
Do you have a part number for the adaptors or can you direct us to them?

http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXKBG7&P=7
this is the page thru tower hobbies.
I ended up getting mine thru ebay for about $4 less.
trinity part # is TRI30611

These things are awesome quality. They are machined in a way as to "fill up" the hole in the wheel to center the wheel in the adapter (allowing for the smaller axle of a 1/18 scale vehicle).

Very helpful, thank you.

Glad I was helpful. PM me if you want any more details, close up pics, etc.

I ordered a set and picked up an RPM bumper. Thanks again.

Copper Jacket and some of it's siblings

1116506685_l.jpg

The shells are brass. The projectiles are metal jacketed. No copper.

Last edited:
Um, the shells are steel, actually. My proof for this is that they stick to magnets and thousands of them are laying on the ground at my rifle range rusting down to the headstamps. The bullet jackets are copper, as I find bits of these jackets as they peel away from the steel core all over the backstops.....
You cannot make a steel jacketed bullet without some sort of teflon or nylon coating as it would blow the rifling out of the barrel (we are not talking sabot rounds, that's a whole different animal). Anyway, I wasn't intending to get technical, I was just pointing out that my rc18t is painted copper (no real copper, that's lexan, j/k), and it's a little bullet (meaning fast).
I also thought the full 7.62 cartridges laying around it looked kind of cool. But that's just me. (oh, the cartridge cases are copper washed to keep them from corroding in the ammo cans, i think they are also laquer coated, too, for moisture proofing).
so, next time I will call my car my "copper colored lexan bodied, speedy projectile car. does that help?