Center diff and rear brakes on a short Revo?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DiscoDan

RCTalk Rookie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
Is it possible?
I'd love to see pics of this done, I'm unsure of how much material would have to be removed from my carbon fiber chassis to make room for the rear brake.
The easy solution would be if Vantage would get off their butts and make a carbon fiber 3.3 length chassis, but there seems to be no evidence of this yet, so here I am. Anyone have any ideas?
Even seeing the rear brake setup on a 3.3 chassis would help me see what needs to be done. Anyone got some good close-up pics?

One of the mags just did the mod. You do have to cut the chassis a little. Also, search on the Traxxas board, someone did the mod themselves and posted pictures of it.

it was Radio Control Car Action August 2006 Issue. You will need the Revo 3.3tranny case (5391X), and you will have to cut 10mm out of the center of the chassis toward the back (were the tranny sits) To make it fit.

oh the tranny case is different too? I thought they were the same. Another thing to get lol. I'll probably just finish up the season with my current setup and add it to the "to do" list for the winter.

The 3.3 tranny case has the mount for the rear brake otherwise it's the same.

Back