MS filter mod

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MEGA MAXX

RCTalk Talkaholic
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
hi

i have tried doing the MS filter mod by adding a 1/8th MS filter to the stock housing by glueing it.

i have used impact adhesive and roughed the filter and neck up to get s secure fit and seal, and then let them cure.

i have since added a form of super glue to the outside of where I've bonded the filter together to get a fully airtight seal.

has anyone done this bonding filter to neck mod?
does it hold up to jumping and bumps?

cheers

Last edited:
I just drilled a 7/8 inch hole in the filter housing base and put the stock neck in there. Took a little shoe goo around it and bam, done. Use Shoe Goo, it's more pliable.

I used the stock neck and an OS 1/8 filter. I just did pretty much what you did, but I used thick CA glue. It's been fine for about 9 months (since I bought it). I bash pretty hard as well.

I did drill a hole in the servo box so I could lightly put a zip tie around the neck to keep it from flopping around.

You can see the zip tie and where I glued the filter to the neck here:
2006-0526-RevoSavageClutchSpurBell.jpg

jetmechG550 said:
I just drilled a 7/8 inch hole in the filter housing base and put the stock neck in there. Took a little shoe goo around it and bam, done. Use Shoe Goo, it's more pliable.

I did the same thing with no problems at all.

welli was thinking of just araldite ing it there so it can't come loose.

dont have this 'shoe goo' over here, is it just like a plastic bond?

I did the same thing as olds. I used CA glue and the psed some red RTV sealant. No problems whatsoever!

Shoe Goo is for making shoe repairs, you should have something very similar.

Back