Need an Oval Track Setup ...HELP!!!

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shane1041

RCTalk Basher
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Racing
Hello ,
I am in need of a Oval track setup , I have searched and have not really found anything .......

The track has one lightly banked sweeping turn and then the other turn is very sharp with alot more banking , the track surface is hard moist packed clay/dirt mixed ....No Jumps and the Straight aways ( 35-45 yds long)are smooth ( the track surface is hard however it has been treated with calicum and is watered regular so it is sorta mushy soft , I know my explaining needs help lol )

My truck consist of:
Completely Stock 2.5 soon to be O.S. 18tm
P2 Rockers
Red Pushrods
Stock Springs w/50w oil
40 series Velocity wheels
Bowties ( this tire hooks up 100% better than the stock tire)

What I am needing to know , is if I will benefit from toe / caster/camber/roll center and pushrod placement....Also how I should set the suspension up also

The track is a blast to run on , I built this track and now I have gotten about 5 people that have went out and bought cars .....I am really novice when it comes to setting up RC cars

But right now my revo is the cream of the crop , but I know as everyone else gets better driving I will need all the help I can get .....

Right now we have the following cars running on the track ,
(2) 2.5 revo
(1) 3.3 revo
(1) 2.5 Jato
(1) Buggy

Thanks for any help in advance !!!

Check this thread, several set-ups are listed (though, to be fair, none are specific to oval racing).

https://www.rcnitrotalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=41386

I personally went with the set-up VBgagnon states, except I added a RD Racing Quick-Turn and it was a world of difference. Only suggested change I'd suggest going with his set-up and your circumstances is putting the hinge pins in the lower body hole to decrease body roll, but the set-up will dial-out just about all the front end push!

Thanks for the quick replies guys ....I plan on getting a 3.3 or a RB323 in the near future .....

Shane1041 said:
Thanks for the quick replies guys ....I plan on getting a 3.3 or a RB323 in the near future .....

Shane: Didn't you just blow a 3.3? That's why the OS .18 is superior .... don't listen to that VB guy he is a hack;)

I've done quite a bit of dirt oval racing with a Revo... I'll reply with some things you might want to try when I'm not at work.

Mr T

Mr T-Maxx said:
Shane: Didn't you just blow a 3.3? That's why the OS .18 is superior .... don't listen to that VB guy he is a hack;)

I've done quite a bit of dirt oval racing with a Revo... I'll reply with some things you might want to try when I'm not at work.

Mr T

Yeah I sure did.....So your opinion is the OS is as strong or stronger ?....

I gotta say I wasn't that impressed with the 3.3 I had , Maybe it was a lemon I dunno ....

vbgagnon said:
What monkey said, and get the trx 3.3 instead of the OS. More power and more rpm.

Geez, VB, those Canadian Terrorists been spiking your water with maple syrup again? I can appreciate your enthusiasm for the 3.3, but INSTEAD of the OS?

See? This is what happens to guys that ride Barbie ATV's all the time!

Hey now! That Barby ATV is a BEAST!

I would have to say yes to the 3.3 over the OS. I've read alot on those OS wearing out prematurly. (I may get some flack for this but just passing the info along)

The 3.3 is a great mill, take the time to break it in correctly and it will last you a good long while! That and its $70 less than the OS.

Back