M18 Update

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

StrechM

Hardcore RCTalk User
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
I built this car months ago, drove it around the driveway a couple of times to see if I had plugged everything together correctly then put it away in its box until this evening.
After installing the latest Castle Link V2.18 programming software and updating to the latest esc firmware there’s not much to say other than
HMOG-WHOOOOOAAAAAH!!!!!!!!!

I haven’t had this much fun since Sheila right after the senior prom.

XGT Daytona Chassis
8000 Mamba25
Hitec HFS-03MM RX
Hitec 81 Servo
Xray Diffs
TP 3s Lipo
Deans Ultra
FastEddy's 3M tape
TRC Foams
More…

The power was a bit much for it unless someone has invented extra-gravitational-pull foams. Set in the highest advanced timing mode with the throttle curve set at almost vertical it was almost completely uncontrollable. The acceleration was incredible after dialing it down a tad from highest to high and flattening out the throttle curve to manageable on the smoothest surface that I could find. Seriously the street is too rough for it so soon I’ll head over to the middle school’s tarmac like blacktop with my wrenches and laptop and really dial it in.
It's extremely fast and it's going to be a lot fun.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sounds sweet. Can you post some pics so we can drool over your ride?

Here you go sweetdiesel. Fresh pics this morning from my desk.
DSCF0025.gif

DSCF0031.gif

DSCF0033.gif

It's come a long way from the below picture taken on 7/26/05. It has a few of the original parts left on it.
There's a lot to do still to get it dialed in.

Dscf0251.gif

Last edited:
Too bad you can't make it out to the bash, I'd love to see this speed demon run.

That's a pretty sweet little ride. I have a hard enough time handling mine with a stock motor, heh. I take mine to work and run it in the warehouse.. pretty fun. I'm working one finishing my F360 body right now. Little care is pretty cool, I enjoy it. :thumbup:

Thanks gentlemen!
I have the 6800 and the 8000 to test and will probably end up putting the 6800 in the M18 and returning the 8000 to the RC18.
What I nead is a 5400 and a couple of 2s packs to have a complete power plant line up along with another rx to match up with my fm tx.

My plans were to bring the RC18 to the bash to see what it would do on a real track. It is a blast to play with.

Dscf0252.gif

Dscf0254.gif

It's as fast as this one with wheelies on demand at most any speed.
This is a direct link to the video at BYT; http://www.beatyourtruck.com/videos/projectFSAstreetruns.zip

Hi,

Your M18 looks kick! It should be fast and fo rbetter handling, I guess you need Xray hardened 6 degrees upper arm (option part for NT18). Stock ones are just too soft.

Thx

Joaquim