I think my revo has a curse.....

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HardD99

RCTalk Member
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
So a couple weeks ago the reverse gear gets screwed up so i spend like $60 on parts to rebuild it, and put a nice differential in. I get it all setup and it wouldnt shift into 2nd gear, so after days of messing with it, i just ordered a brand new Transmission off ebay.

So I got the trans today and installed it, i put the optidrive back in, and the reverse servo, turn it on, and no lights. i figured ok maybe the battery is dead, so i go to plug it in to charge it, but the charger pack doesn't blink, meaning its not charging right? i mess around with the wires, make sure everything is securely plugged in, change the battery's in my transmitter, still nothing, so now i have a working transmission and the damn car wont even turn on!!! i dont know how much more of this i can take....

Junk the reverse, it's nothing but a pain in the rears. Do the FOC. Also try plugging directly into the rx with the battery pack to make sure either the switch or the opti-drive aren't the problem. As far as charging, I'd suggest getting a better charger if you can, you can get a cheap peak charger like a black widow for about $25-$30. Also call Traxxas and tell your charger isn't working correctly and they'll probably hook you up. Their support is pretty good.

You also need to try hooking the battery to the charger directly. Sometimes the connector in the radio box gets a little dirty and doesn't allow the pins on the charger leads to make contact.

Also, after you've hooked the charger up to the battery, unplug then replug the charger itself. Sometimes you have to give it a nudge to start charging.

Back