CF Chassis and engine mount supports.

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mattshoreson

RCTalk Rookie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
At the mooment the screws which go in to the engine mount supports are pinching my CF chassis.

I know there a brace out there but I dont think it's goin to solve the problem.
Is there any other way of stopping the pinching.

I've seen in pictures of the 3.3 revo extended chassis that's an extra metal mounting point. This is the sort of thing I'm after.

Anyone know where I can get something like this or what it's called so I can google it.

thanks,
Matt.

nice - thx

Would this drop right into a 2.5, fitting the 2.5R?

Yes it goes under the chassis, the extended chassis for the 3.3 or any aftermarket chassis are only stretched in the front/back not in the center.

Hi,

I think a nitro car should not use carbon fibre as main chassis as the aluminum there works as dissipating heat for the engine. Of course a CF chassis will look better.

Thx

Joaquim

The main property of CF over alum is weight loss; the cooling head dissipates heat from the engine.

My RB hangs at around 230-240 after a screaming run, I'm able to touch it after about a minute.

I just wouldn't want to risk a 100 dollar chassis with that kind of engine power. But if the chassis won't snap, GO FOR IT!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

The chassis is well worth it. It copes with the power very well. The only problem I've had with it is the engine mount screws crimping it. A 3.3 chassis brace sorted that out no probs.

Defintely worth the upgrade and they're cheaper than $100 on ebay!!!!