need advice.

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beason

Bash, Fix, Repeat..
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
i recently picked up a used revo. it has a few hoppups (see ALOT) and one of those is the tm523 mill and pipe. The pipe is pretty banged up do to a nasty tail landing on the tekno wing mount. Now my question is, where can i get another pipe? the tm523 comes with this pipe. What other pipes will work well with this mill? anyone run this mill with a different pipe? anyone have a rd pipe they want to sell? i looked around on ebay and i cannot find just the pipe.

also i tried doing the freezer trick on the pipe, the metal seems pretty thin but all it did was push ice out the end. what do you guys use to stop it up? i used some thick plastic and zip tied it on there tight, the stinger held but the inlet didnt. any tricks i whould know?

thanks for your input.

I can't recommend a pipe but for the freezer trick I plug all holes with cork and taped the heck out of it with duck tape.

I had found that pipe for sale at an online shop, but for some reason I can't find it now. I'll keep looking though.

yea smaxx ima try a more sturdy plug, i just didnt want to split it, but as smashed as it is, i dont think the water will expand enough to split it.

vb if you find it lmk, do you happen to remember how much it was?

there has to be other pipes that will work.... but i guess that pipe is tuned for that mill.

I think any big block revo pipe will work.

OR, you could put a side exhaust on it.

After exhausting all my resources I've come to the conclusion that I was looking for the header not the pipe or the whole setup. The heade is $35 at amainhobbies

Sorry I couldn't help more!

ok mw and busted...

the reason i put up the post is because i would LIKE to have the pipe that CAME WITH the mill!! i mean it IS a package deal.

i have a resonator coming and I'm gonna try that one.

i just figured that since the mill comes with that pipe, it would work the best, and if not maby someone would have an opinion as to which pipe would work better. the trinitys look ok, i dont like the blue color though (my revo is all black) but ill see what i can do.

the trinitys look ok, i dont like the blue color though (my revo is all black) but ill see what i can do.

Yeah, that's huge because everyone can see the color of the pipe with THE BODY ON!!!!!

So Sally, if I'm wearing a blue shirt and khaki pants, what shade eyeshadow should I use?

Wonder when your pink Mary Kay Cadillac shows up!

man mw got my number today huh.... yea i know you can't see it with the body on, but looking good nekkid is more important right? lol, the blue doenst really bother me but THAT blue just looks funny. i dont know why...

so whats up? noone has the tm523? no opinions on the pipe?

Beason, I THINK Revo Rancher has that mill in his Revo and I THINK he may be running a Resonator on it, but you may want to shoot him a PM just to be sure.

gee you THINK?? ok ill ask him. thanks for the HEADS UP!

I THINK Revo Rancher has the TM323, the TM523 is the newer model 5 port.

Back