Kick me while I'm down

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jetmechG550

RCTalk VIP
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
Well today was not so good for the Revo. First qualifier I was second slightly behind the leader. Second qualifier, second again but I noticed the truck seemed to be slowing a little as the laps clicked off. I kinda was figuring on a slipper adjustment before the main, then after I cross the start/finish bam, truck stops moving. No biggie, I have all the stuff for the slipper rebuild if needed. Wrong, now for the second time since I have owned the truck, the output shaft must have been wobbling and eventually got worse to the point that where it passes through the tranny is about twice the size it should be. Of course that tears up all the internal gears too. So I pack it away, finish the day with my truggy pack up and head home. Get home and start cleaning truck and I see that my RD Racing Quick turn is gone, since I didn't put the tranny back in it was just hanging there but all I did was pick the truck up off my pit table, and place it in my Wingtote right next to it. I'm so pissed right now I could spit nails. I really don't want to buy another one but I don't want to run the truck without it. Sorry for the vent!

I know that poop sucks man. I've only raced a handful of times but it sucks when you have techy problems all day. Good luck next time!

Umm are you saying someone took the quick turn from you?

What he said ^?

At least you had a backup truck to finish your day. Are you faster with that MSR or the Revo?

I am guessing you like the quick turn? I am trading for a Revo this week(bye bye XB8) and am looking at the possibilties for the Revo. I'll be on this forum looking for help/set-ups soon............

I don't think they took the quick turn, I just think it fell off the truck when I put the Revo away. I have to head out of town again and should be back on tuesday night, I'll be back at the track wednesday to look for it. The QT really made a difference in the way I drive the truck. Maybe it's a sign that I've been running it too long.

I run Production Monster truck with the Revo and Unlimited with the MSR. Sometimes Buggy with my XB8 (when I have it all put together). My lap times are a lot fatser with the Mugen and it can be a tricky truck to drive. I average about 3-4 seconds per lap faster. I like the Revo alot but I'm starting to settle in with the truggy class so it may be time to move on and just concentrate on Unlimited and Buggy.

Update

Went to the track today before racing started, I have a wedding to go to this afternoon so no racing for me today, BUT, I found it!!!!! Woohooo!!!!! Too bad I missed too many races for this first round of the points series.

Are you running the truggy as you bought it, or did you do anything to it?

Did you give it the Long arm conversion?

Yeah I bought the long arm kit from someone here, it was still NIB. It made a huge difference since I did get to drive it before and after the installation on the track.

Back