Figures

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bryson

Hardcore RCTalk User
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Well i stoped messing around with my revo about a month ago. Last week i took it out of my closet and cleand it up and put my trinity on it and said screw the neighbors hope they like the noise. Well i turned to hsn to 4 1/2 turns out. It fired right up and ran great. I havent seen my 2.5 ever run this good. Figuars now that i have the money for a os.18 and a motor savor air filter my car is running great. I guess ill buy some new tires and rims for now and see how the motor holds up. Question though will bow ties on 40 seies wheels rob the 2.5 of power.

That would depend on what tires/wheel combination you're running now. There are a few things that could effect it:

Tire height
Width
Weight

If any of these increase, your acceleration will decrease.

The big thing is rotational mass which will affect accelaration. Also your servo setup is something to consider. 40's are a lot of meat for a servo to be throwing around and if your skimping on the steering servo you could shorten it's life.

no the 40 series r just a little wider u just get more traction and acceleration
i just got 40 series tire on my t maxx and it seemed to accelerate faster so it should b the same with the revo.

speedingbulletbp said:
no the 40 series r just a little wider u just get more traction and acceleration

I had the opposite effect with 40's. I ran them on a 2.5 Maxx, 4.6 Savage and a Revo 3.3 and notice a slight decrease in acceleration unless a gear change was made. I think the thing I noticed the most was steering, like Jet said you need a strong servo and saver are you will have slow, spongy steering.

It's not that they are only slightly wider but they are much heavier. A Hurricane/Response setup is something like 180 grams per tire lighter than a 40 series Bowtie/Velocity setup up. FME, when I was running the 2.5R with a hurricane/response setup, I could take any other 2.5 running 40's coming out of the turn and onto the straight.

Do you have a link for the hurricane/response combo? Thanks.