My Revo 3.3 with new RPM A-arms and a broken tranny....

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HardD99

RCTalk Member
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
So i was mashin' along in a ditch and *SNAP* i busted my tranny. While i was at the hobby shop picking up gears i figured i would get some A-arms too, so i just got em installed and i figured i would post some pix. Now i gotta take a trip back to the hobby shop tomorrow and get some more gears cause i ended up gettin the wrong ones. I also just ordered some HardCore Racing bumpers and bumper mounts, the titanium ones. I can't wait to get those things, I'm really hopin they will stand up to all the flipping I've been doing lately, lol.

Anyways, heres the pix....

dsc06145ma9.jpg

dsc06146iv4.jpg

dsc06147mx6.jpg

dsc06152ky3.jpg

dsc06156gq8.jpg

if i was you i owuld get a foward only gears and you will stop busting gears. My buddys revo 3.3 chewed the reverse gears everytime he drove it till he put the foc in in and now its great.

yeah.... i kinda hate giving up reverse tho, i actually use it quite a bit. the area where i live isnt really open like a field, so I'm usually running into alot of things, or out in the bushes and need to back out, otherwise I'm gonna be in the bushes alot trying to dig out my truck, lol.

Had a question for you guys tho, i want to make this thing alot faster, what should i start buying to upgrade the speed? like specifically... brand/part number etc.

Depends on what you mean by speed...Top End or Bottom End.

Is it a stock Revo 3.3??

yeah its a stock 3.3. I think i want more bottom end, i want it to jump up to speed really quick, but i dont want the top end too low, ya know. i wish i could just add like 100HP and a 6 speed tranny, lol.

Some of the pipes out there add more bottom end without sacrificing much if any top end. I know that the resonator from Traxxas works very well for the 2.5...but i'm not sure what would be good for the 3.3

Also, you could always put a big block in. depending on where you are driving and what you are doing...you could change the transmission to the close ratio

I hate to say it over again, but the FOC would make it more punchy on the low end also.

Check out the Revo Resources page and look at the gearing ratio chart. It's a cheap way to squeeze some speed out of the beast!

HardD99 said:
yeah its a stock 3.3. I think i want more bottom end, i want it to jump up to speed really quick, but i dont want the top end too low, ya know. i wish i could just add like 100HP and a 6 speed tranny, lol.

Trinity pipe!

well i would change the gearing inside the tranny while you have it out the revo 3.3 come stock witht the wide ratio tranny gears and i would go to the standard gears out of the revo 2.5 and you dont loose much top end but it will be much faster off the line and also i would recomend the trinity pipe its kinda loud but once you get used to it its not bad at all and it gives you massive low end power,one other thing you can try is the low end needle is set really rich stock i leaned mine out and now it fast low end

well... the hobby shop didnt have my gear in stock so i ended up buying the trans differential + FOC, but I'm not sure if i like it. its running ALOT slower now, and when i get it on 2 wheels it barely moves, it just spins the tires that are of the ground (left wheels in the air, right ones on the ground). i think i might just order that gear and switch it back to normal... :(

Last edited:
you might wanna try some 500,000 gear oil in the diff thats what traxxas says is the best for the center diffs to work great. If you choose to get rid of the center diff i would still use the foc.

Back