revo spur gear

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

atye

RCTalk Racer
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
my truck likes to eat spur gears, i used the paper technical,red Loc tight,screws tight,thinking of trying the hot racing steel spur anybody have tried it or what do you guy es think ?

Funny this thread is on here, I was getting ready to post up a "Things I love about the Revo" Thread.

My T-Maxx would shred a spur about every two race days. After about five gallons on various revos I crapped my first spur this weekend. Unfortunately I got the hole-shot and had the field by a good 10-15 seconds. Race director called 30 seconds to go and she gave up...finished fifth. I have never had to replace a Revo spur. I also haven't got an A-main win this year:(

Back to your question.....If your mesh is correct and you're shredding them...I'll go with VB's theory that something is tweaked!

Mr T

Stock mill? It's not uncommon to have the chassis area under the motor tweak, especially if your running a bigblock or even one of the aftermarket chassis'

running os 18 tm with trinty pipe, but it only happen on track,i can runn up and down street forever and even small jump,its only at the track that i strip the spur gears

hi atye,
I used to have the same problem. I got a metal spur gear and havent stripped one since.

hi atye,
you might also want to make sure your engine mounts are tight.

if you are only doing it at the track and not on the street or small jumps...i would be willing to bet that for some reason, your chassis is twisting and messing up the spacing between the gears.

I would check to see if the chassis is OK. Are there any parts out there to strengthen the chassis?

mounts are tight and tread loc ,so i am going to see if the 3.3 engine brace will work

Back