Hyper 7 or revo 3.3

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kar Krazy

RCTalk Basher
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
I am just getting my first nitro rc car. Should I get a Hyper 7 or a revo 3.3? I am going to do some racing and practicing at a offroad hobby town usa track. There is a considerable price differance of about $125-$175. I may also cruise a bit in my yard but not much. Should I get the Hyper 7 and then just tune it up a bit or what? My first nitro car too.

Thanks

IMO the Revo 3.3 would be better for a first nitro car. It is more capable on rougher terrain, but is till very capable on the track.

Thanks would you look at Help Just Getting Started under General Nitro Talk It is mine thanks

the revo would be more fun to bash with imo. buggies are a lot more fun on the track, whereas monster trucks can be driven pretty much anywhere. plus the revo with the 3.3 just plain RIPS.

If your going to race go for a buggy, they very fast, tough and handle like there on rails!

as a first nitro car, i would say the revo is a much better choice. its a great novice vehicle because of how user friendly and well thought-out it is. but it can be upgraded to an amazing basher or racing machine and the thing can go anywhere! I have a big block revo right now that is faster than many buggies!

that being said, I've had my revo 3.3 for a while now (now it has the big block) and i am starting to look into getting myself a hyper 7 since i have been going to a track much more recently. the revo tears the track up, but I've never driven a buggy and i would love to see what its like!

either would be sick, but the revo is a much better first nitro ride.

MAXXSLINGER said:
as a first nitro car, i would say the revo is a much better choice. its a great novice vehicle because of how user friendly and well thought-out it is.

Buggies are very easy to drive and are easier to work on compared to a Revo...which is not the easiest thing to wrench on.

MAXXSLINGER said:
I have a big block revo right now that is faster than many buggies!

Top speed in a straight line your Revo is faster but on a track a Revo or any other MT or truggy won't have a chance against a buggy....not even close.

I would race a truggy before I get another buggy. I ran faster lap times with my truggy then with my buggy, and my buddies mbx5. Go with the revo, you can race it and drive it anywhere you want.

SMaxxin said:
Top speed in a straight line your Revo is faster but on a track a Revo or any other MT or truggy won't have a chance against a buggy....not even close.

At my local track the "Fastest Lap Time" flip-flops between the Buggies and Truggies.

First Nitro?: IMO, the Revo is a far better choice.

Mr T

At the track I go to the truggies can't keep up with the buggies through all of the turns. The buggies have much faster lap times...I guess track lay out might have something to do with it, I know I can hardly drive my Revo around it even at a slow pace it's hard to get around the corners.

At the track I go to the truggies can't keep up with the buggies through all of the turns.

they may be worse drivers than the ones driving the buggies.

I know I can hardly drive my Revo around it even at a slow pace it's hard to get around the corners.
maybe your revo is not setup very well.

i know for a fact that the revo is one of the most userfriendly nitro RCs made today, and I'm also positive that my revo is faster than many buggies. fast means TOP SPEED. it doesn't mean anything else.

if you dont agree, thats fine.

Last edited:
MAXXSLINGER said:
they may be worse drivers than the ones driving the buggies.

Most of the guys that race truggies also race buggies so same drivers with better times on the buggies.

MAXXSLINGER said:
maybe your revo is not setup very well.

I know the truck is set up wrong plus my driving sux but this track is just a pain...one hair pin after another. I tried different things and still can't get it around the track very well....I have jumped the burm at the end of the straight more times than I have driven around it :hehe:

We agree faster in top speed, I just never saw a truggy keep up with a buggy on the track.

does anyone think i should get a Hyper 8 instead?

i would choose the revo b cause it has 4 wheel drive and it is easier 2 control especially for beginners and its suspension would last longer.

Kar Krazy said:
does anyone think i should get a Hyper 8 instead?

You will only get opinions, in the end it's your money and your the one who has to drive it so buy the one you like better.

doesn't the hyper 8 have 4 wheel drive?

Last edited:
For the first nitro, the Revo would be an excellent choice. It only needs a little suspension tuning to be race ready (but so does the buggy), and is very tough.

Back