A couple mod questions.

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Supralover72

RCTalk Racer
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
Hey guys (and maybe girls), I am going to be purcahsing a revo soon :celebrate: :celebrate3: and I have a couple questions. Will I need to seal the engine with rtv sealent? If so, is their a guide to this? Are there any things I should do before running it? Lastly, is their anything I should know about the revo? (weak points and such). Thanks.

My suggestion, honestly, would be to run a few searches within the Revo forum on the questions you have, digest that information and then follow-up with any specific questions based on that research.

Alright. One I can't find the answer too is the sealent questions. Please help me with this.

1) Be sure to use ONLY non-volatile silicone [it should say oxygen sensor safe on the tube!] you can find it at any auto parts store.

2) Use sparingly, apply a thin bead on the carb neck just below the main carb body [even if there is an o-ring present. Do not put it in the engine case bore or all around the carb neck. [That would glue the carb into the engine for good!] You just want a thin bead to squish out from between the engine case and carb body just as you fullyinsert the carb

3) After positioning the carb were you want it tighten the pinch bolt assembly that holds the carb very snug! Then add a dab of silicone to both ends of the pinch bolt assembly.

Do the same thing to the back plate

Supralover72 said:
Lastly, is their anything I should know about the revo? (weak points and such). Thanks.

I would buy a set of RPM axle carriers, they're tougher and have a life time warrante. Also I would buy a set of Aluminum hex drivers.

SVORay said:
I would buy a set of RPM axle carriers, they're tougher and have a life time warrante. Also I would buy a set of Aluminum hex drivers.

I wouldn't jump to buy the Rpm carriers, the stockers don't break very easy....I have tested them on more than one occasion and still haven't broken one yet.

I agree with smaxx no need to upgrade, I'm using the stockers and have a spare set of stockers. Still havn't broken one yet.

Thanks guys. When the stuff breacks, RPM is the first company I always call. ;) Regarding the sealent, is it nessecary? Or is it just a good idea?

I usually do all my engines, but when I got my 3.3 I was anxious to try it so I did not seal it. I havne't had problems yet.

You'll probably be fine without sealing it but it's up to you whether or not you feel you should do it or not. If you start to experience tuning issues then sealing would be a good idea. Unlike the others, I have broken a couple sets of stock axle carriers on the track, usually it's a hairline crack around the pillow ball and it allows the pillow ball to pull right through under load.

SMaxxin said:
I wouldn't jump to buy the Rpm carriers, the stockers don't break very easy....I have tested them on more than one occasion and still haven't broken one yet.

Depends on you luck and how you drive it I guess. I've never personaly broke a stock Revo carrier but I have broken an RPM carrier.

Thanks guys. I didn't even know it was possible to break an rpm carrier!

That is what I thought too...

DSC00261.jpg

SVORay said:
Depends on you luck and how you drive it I guess. I've never personaly broke a stock Revo carrier but I have broken an RPM carrier.

I don't baby it. In the pic you can see the balls got ripped out but the carriers are still perfect...I'm still using this same carrier with no problems.

brokeit6qh.jpg

When purchasing RPM products, don't expect to have a bullet proof ride. RPM is know for their improved design and warranty. Give me a bullet/bash proof RC...yeah right.A seasoned driver will break factory parts all the time. Its just differentt for all people.

I know that, I was just making a hyperbolized statement on RPM's reputable durability. A.K.A.....a joke.

Back