OS 18TM Revo EB Fully Modified Engine

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have one and I love it. I have never used a stock 18tm to compare it to though.

I've seen a few EB Mods engines and they are fast. You may look at the price though and see if it is cheaper to buy a stock mill and have it modded yourself.

I'm not sure how trustworthy they are, but the numbers on tower for the EB Mod version are MUCH better than the stock.

tut said:
I'm not sure how trustworthy they are, but the numbers on tower for the EB Mod version are MUCH better than the stock.
They are probably pretty accurate, EB Mods is pretty good.

I have one coming from Tower... should have it by next monday or so... I have national finals in a little over a week, I'll let you guys know how it works (and by the way.. I've been running a regular TM all season so I'll be able to do a comparison)

I received the motor yesterday and began to run it in.
I have 7 tanks through it and it's just starting to wake up, very predictable tuning, and ultra-smooth power. This is definately going to be an excellent racing engine.
I have my next big race in 1 week... I'll continue to run fuel through it at a rich setting over the next couple days. Gotta take my time running this one in lol!

You can see the engraving on the mount ear... there are no other external clues that it's modified:
ebmod.jpg

Last edited:
as rich as it will run with foil on the heatsink to keep a good 200 - 220f. I heat cycle the first tank, and then I just cruise around at low to mid throttle after that (always rolling onto the throttle, never blipping it) and give it a break at BDC at the end of each tank.
I like to see at least 1/2 gallon at a rich setting go through it before it hits a track.

Keep it a bit rich until the pinch breaks loose, then the temps will fall and then race tune.

Back