Engine and Pipe?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nitro-Basher

RCTalk Rookie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
I am on a limited budget and would like to pick up a new engine and exhaust for my revo 2.5. I was looking at the OS .18 TZ and the TRX 3.3 for an engine, for an exhaust i am clueless. Any suggestions?:banana:

Well, the TZ does require a little finesse to go in, it's not exactly a direct drop in for the Revo. Also with the TZ I think you have to use a TM crank or get a starter box. You can do the Engine Exchange Program through Traxxas and get a 3.3 for like $135. As far as a pipe, either a Resonator or a Trinity. My preference is the resonator, the sound the Trinity makes annoys the crap out of me.

What about the THS racing pipe for the Revo? And how does the Traxxas 3.3 compare to the TM or TZ performance wise?

the sound the Trinity makes annoys the crap out of me.

Well, there's a shocker, Jetmech annoyed by something. Would've thought, huh?

Cool for me! Just put the Trinity on my rig, Jet! Let's go racin'!

The biggest difference I can say from the two is that the Resonater requires the rubber coupler still as opposed to a one piece set up by Trinity. As far as performance... I never had the Revo 3.3 long enough to even use it.

Last edited:
I would go:

OS .18TM w/ Trinity Pipe (I like the noise)

If budget is a factor the 3.3 is gonna save you $80 (with the ERP) over the OS.

The Revo headers are a major weak link....with the resonator you still have the weak link. The Trinity uses springs at each connection, much more forgiving!

Shameless plug....I have a sweet Tsais pipe and new Revo header for Sale in the for sale forum.

Mr T

The OS 18 header works the best. The Trinity one doesn't fit right IMO.

I'm still looking at motors but i do have a trinity pipe and its great! You have to watch out though, the trinity's diameter of the trinity is alittle bigger and i find that the rocker has rubed a dent in my pipe. You can fix this by making a new longer pipe hanger out of a coat hanger. Just my:2cents:!