revo wheelies

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Timbo

RCTalk Basher
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
I'm thinking of getting a revo not sure tho. can the revo 3.3 pop wheelies like the t-maxx 3.3

Timbo said:
I'm thinking of getting a revo not sure tho. can the revo 3.3 pop wheelies like the t-maxx 3.3

NO, the stock tires have no traction and the longer chassis makes it harder for the Revo to lift the front end. If you add better tires or a better pipe/header you can get wheelies until your sick of them.

my revo 3.3 pulls wheelies in the grass, but when on cement its like a 1 in 20 chance due to traction like SMaxxin said. the ass end really sinks and the front really reaches for the sky on every throttle pull tho, so its tryin, lol.

The geometry of the suspension and chassis length really prevent the wheelies, however I wouldn't let the lack of wheelies deter you from getting an otherwise outstanding truck

I'm actually re-gearing my Revo 2.5 to STOP the wheelies! I'm tired of chasing that sucker down to put it back on its feet! Even with the wing I added, I still end up on the lid too often!

Wheelies are great for, like, 30 seconds then they get annoying, IMO.

I totally agree with you MW. I didn't have a problem when I was running a 2.5R, but now that I have a 18TM, I gear taller to keep it from flipping all the time.

its not that the revo can't do them, its that it is designed not to, when your racing you want all the power to all 4 tires firmly planted to the dirt, you can't win with your front tires spinning in the air. you can change the springs, and tires and have all kinds of wheelies. the power is there for wheelies, but so is the technology to suppress them...

Vincemaxx but a 3.3 motor in his 2.5 revo it wheelies sometimes on the street but when he puts it in reverse it does a wheelie everytime.

A 3.3 in a 2.5 revo should always pull a wheelie... Supposedly the 3.3 has more power than a 18TM and I had to gear my 18TM revo up just to keep the front end down. Even still, on grass it pops up all the time.

There is a a picture of my stock REVO doing a wheelie.:OMG:

Attachments

• 100_06220043703.jpg
    100_06220043703.jpg
    31.1 KB · Views: 86
I recently put a 3.3 in my Revo2.5 and it is hard to make it only wheelie.....it ususally ends up on its lid, even with the slight added frontend weight of the rollcage/bumper. next project is fabbing a wheelie bar for it, probably an Aluminum/titanium piece.

well thanks guys but i went with the t-maxx cuz its cheaper

Back