trinity high flow pipe

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dirtybird

RCTalk Basher
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
was wondering if anyone knows if the smaller manifold fits the 3.3. or is there a different pipe specially for the 3.3. the instructions list the 2.5, the os 18 and a few others but not the 3.3. i already put it on and the manifold doesn't keep a very good seal with the engine. its a pain to start but once it starts it runs excellent.

I use the small header on mine. I have no trouble with the seal (know on wood) or starting. I did have to tune it a little fatter on the low end after installing the pipe.

did u put the clear silicone washer between the manifold and engine?

dirtybird said:
did u put the clear silicone washer between the manifold and engine?

Yes, didn't go on easy but it has a good seal.

I used a Trinity Pipe for 2 races I think. Use the small block manifold but from my experience it was a piece of poop (the manifold), it didn't come close to fitting right.

I installed the larger manifold on my TM and used both manifold gaskets and it's working better than ever!

Bringing back the dead - because I've got this exact same problem.

3.3 Engine - Trinity pipe. I used the small manifold. The stock o-ring sucked and didn't give me a seal, so I used the clear silicone gasket. the pipe wouldn't fit OVER it, so I figured it was to PINCH it to create a seal. Ofcourse after a few crashes, it tears and bye bye its crap. Engine leak right there (can't stop the motor by pluggin the stinger due to this).

Did I just screw up and should have more patience? Am I to use the o ring? Or maybe another gasket?

Thanks
Mike

I used a Trinity Pipe for 2 races I think. Use the small block manifold but from my experience it was a piece of poop (the manifold), it didn't come close to fitting right.

Use the stock manifold and a regular coupler or get an OS .18TM header and use a coupler. Again, the stock Trinity small block manifold is for crap.

Well, if all else I'll look into another manifold. My stock one got dented a while back and I was holdin off on a pipe replacement instead of just replacing it. Now I've got this for a problem! Ah well..

Was I supposed to use the silicone deal? I'm wonderin if they really meant "Only the 2.5r" (Usually "For 2.54" = "or 3.3")

Pipe sure is loud! I thought people were just exagurating on the difference...

Yes use the silicone piece. Also the pipe was out long before the 3.3.

Well, I've got a temporary fix.. I stole the 'smaller' black gasket that was in the package with the big block header, and stuck that on the exhaust port, then shoved the manifold onto that. Hopefully it holds. Can't test that today cause it started raining. If this doesn't work, the Racer's Haven ordered me an exhaust thats custom built for the revo to go from the TRX Exhaust port to the standard exhaust so it'll match up with the Trinity perfectly. If this DOES work, I'll call them quick to cancel that order! If I'm too late tho, oh well - I've got a backup!

Mike

I had this problem until I found a very easy fix..A piece of the blue exhaust deflector. I cut a piece of the deflector the same length as the original gasket, I had to shave down the sides (thickness) a little so the header would slide over it but it se4aled great and never leaked again.

Ok I managed to tear my header while I was doing some additions to the 3.3 Well, I noticed that gasket that couples the header to the crankcase tore. No big whoop right? I had spares that were the same size. I slide it over the exhaust port and it tore...again.Before I try this and go through all my spare gaskets. Who has a good method of slidng the header onto the 18TM? 2 gaskets is enough.I have noticed its a tight freaking fit. I hate to go to the LHS to ask a stupid question.opinions? or do I dare go at it again?

You may have already tried it, but try wetting the silicone gasket. That'll be enough lube to help the header slide over the gasket.. Well, it should be. Or what SMaxxin was talkin about, shavin down the edges to help it slide over the gasket.

I ended up gettin the other gasket to fit by wetting it. When I installed shower enclosures, I used to use the glass cleaner from Costco that sprayed out foamy. It made the glass and the vynal real slick so it'd slide between the frame and the glass panels and dried up nicely with no residue.

Mike

Back