Thinking cheep

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bryson

Hardcore RCTalk User
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
I talked to the guy at hobby people today and was comparing the os.18 and the trx3.3 and I'm going with the os because the carb is great as i hear it will hold its tune for along time. But i thought it was kinda expinsive so i held off to see if anyone on here knows where to get one for a little cheaper. And when i get it I'm thinking about geting rid of my trinity pipe and going with the Resonator would that boost my performance more than the trinity. Thanks alot.

Honestly man I'v been running the 3.3 for a while now and I haven't had ANY tuning problems to date. The power delivery is smoother then the os and it has more top end. I don't want to swing your decision but do some research before you blow an extra $60+

I dont have any experience with either engine, but one of the guys that work at my lhs had a 2.5r revo, he then went to a O.S. .18 and he loved it said it was a great little engine. He then got a 3.3 and now all he runs is the 3.3 He sold the other 2 engines and said the 3.3 is the best little engine for the Revo out of the 3. just my :2cents:

Does the carb on the 3.3 hold tune. Thats what I'm woried about because i hate the way you have to retune the 2.5 almost every time you start it up.

:ponderi was also was looking at both of those engines at hobbie people.guy at the counter did not know wich is better,but he was pushing the os .18 i got the 2.5 right now want to upgrade also. let us know what is better

The 3.3 is a great mill upgrade from the 2.5. I have not seen the carb change its setting at all. I really like the mill compared to the 2.5 Never had the OS just a Sirio 23 and that thing was a beast.

I odn't have to mess with the settings unless there is a huge change in the air. Runs cool and strong all day long.

chingon, do the erp from traxxas it will only cost you $155 for the 3.3 shipped.

Like Jon and VB my 3.3 holds a tune very well, I'm very happy with it.

vbgagnon i asked if i could do that over at hobbie people but they said i couldnt upgrade(odd)
buy the way my 2.5 only has about .5 ga. tank thru it does any one need one $$$$

You can't do the exchange through Hobbypeople only through Traxxas directly. Look at their website for more info.

Howdy folks,

If you are thinking of sending in the motor for and exchange and upgrade it might be a better idea to keep the motor and just buy the 3.3 outright. It only costs about $20 more then the exchange and gives you two motors. Better deal in my book.

m00nst0ne69 said:
Howdy folks,

If you are thinking of sending in the motor for and exchange and upgrade it might be a better idea to keep the motor and just buy the 3.3 outright. It only costs about $20 more then the exchange and gives you two motors. Better deal in my book.

I'd be inclined to agree. I kept the 2.5R laying around for a "winter" engine so I can run my 18TM for the warm months and not have to worry about damaging the pinch.

As for the pipe, I'd keep the trinity and see how it works on the larger engine. From what I've read, it works just as well if not better than the resonator. Also, the header isn't bolted to the head, which IMO is just problematic.

chingon said:
does any one know what pipes are better dual or single????
Are you talking chambers or stingers?

chingon said:
jon2 chambers
Well the resonator pipe made for the Revo is Single chambered and made to improve low end to mid grunt. I have it but yet to install it.

I haven't tried or seen a resonator so I can't compare them but the Trinity pipe gives crazy low-mid range power. My 3.3 went from wheelies here and there to on command flip on it's lid wheelies (trashed the rear of the body in no time).....actually getting tired of them. The Trinity pipe is LOUD so if you have neighbors that don't like the noise of nitro it's not for you.

Back