SportWerks Chaos nitro 1/16

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SuperMaxx83

RCTalk Talkaholic
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
i just picked up a sportwerkschaos and wow i love these little things it is awsome it goes pretty good i love how small the engine is and its super easy to tune theres just one problem it has plastic out put drives and the always fall off when you dont want them to but horizon says the will have steel ones out soon so i will wait till they come out i have already orderd alum shocks for it and some new tires and rims due to the stock ones dont last vary long. well i just wanted everyone to know how fun these little things are :banana:

I saw a couple at the LHS today. Really cute looking cars. Are the hop-ups compatible with the mini inferno?

well i think it is kinda fast for the size of the car and you can change the gearing just like a reguler size nitro so i suppose you can make it go faster or slower but i think its fast enough for the size of it. also i have been looking for some upgrades and have found out some of the kyosho parts can be used but i orderd some vendetta rear shocks for all the way around and some foam tires to rip ut the streets with

i personilay are agianst the micro nitro not alot of fun and are heavier and are a lot more expencive

seen Chaos from pics looks classy!! can it be started by starter box? i have Nb16

.095 in a chaos?

Has anyone tried putting a trinity .095 into one of these yet? I've been looking at this engine and thought it might offer a reasonable boost in power, plus it has a dual needle setup.

I have a Chaos that I put the picco .08 motor into it is twice as fast as the stock .05. And sportwerks offers all sorts of aluminum upgrads for it.

Jimster said:
I have a Chaos that I put the picco .08 motor into it is twice as fast as the stock .05. And sportwerks offers all sorts of aluminum upgrads for it.

Sounds promising... I went ahead and ordered the .095.

I've also got some turnbuckles to tighten up the steering a little.

How are your diffs standing up to the .08?

The .095 went in without a problem... while i was at it, i did another tear down. Engine mounting block screws are an issue, IMHO. The rounded heads protrude through the bottom of the chassis enough (and are soft enough) that after several runs, they will be almost impossible to remove without a dremel.

Replaced those with some recessed washers and counter sunk screws. After 2 runs, only some minor scraping of the heads.

Front bumper had a minor crack in it that i fixed with CA, pending the arrival of a replacement. It could ahve gone without repair, but i figured better safe than sorry.

Also swapped out all of the fixed length tie rods with turnbuckles, which has improved tunability overall.

All internal parts seemed stable, though I did clean and lube the diffs and such.

Last thing changed was to add losi mini-t tires all around. Had 2 sets of rear tires sitting around for my mini-t that is waiting for a few parts, and they worked like a champ. They stand up much better than the garbage tires (without inserts) that came on it.

Quite a difference in performance with the draked .095 :)

How is the .095 working out in your Chaos?

We just bought 3 of them and I definitely plan to put the Trinity motor in but found that all the diff gears and out drives are all plastic.

I wonder how it will hold up to all that power.

Which of the Kyosho Half8 parts fit the Chaos??

chaos

please list the websigt here i can get the motor and aluminum upgrades for this i just bought 2 of them

Hey guys, just wondering what parts will transfer over from the kyosho mini inferno to the chaos. Thinking about getting a couple chaos and just running it onroad and just a little offroad. I know that it is not the best buggy around but for the price it seems ok. Not to worried about replacing parts because i have been into electric helicopters for a few years and if you think it is a pain to have to fix and replace parts all the time then you should try the heli's out. That is a real pain.

Hey guys, just wondering what parts will transfer over from the kyosho mini inferno to the chaos.
Well, since they're two different brands, probably nothing. The only thing I could image are the springs or any of the electronics, but that's it.

I got one of these too but it finished a full tank in 5-10 mins. Is this normal?

Considering the weight to power ratio and the size of the fuel tank, I'd imagine that'd be fairly close to normal, if on the rich side of the needle.

sportwerks

its abought i what i get runing a little rich

i have two of these cars and i think there pretty fun one of them i put a picco p-zero in it and it flies,the other i was going to try and convert it to a brushless system

.05 engine

Hey if there is anyone out there that has a stock .05 engine I would love to take it off your hands for a good price!!!!

Back