Foward Conversion Problems

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nitro83857

RCTalk Basher
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
I just installed the Foward Only Conversion in my revo but when I went to test it out, it just went in reverse. I don't know what the problem is and i need all the help I can get.

Hmmm I have yet to install it on my Revo. Have you tried reversing the servo? Just a stab....

Did you remove all of the required parts? You shouldn't have the gears that are required for reverse. Should have also removed the shift servo and opti drive. I'll get a pic of everything you should have removed.

yes i have removed everything that i needed to. i followed the directions step by step.

I just double checked, it is impossible for it to go in reverse if properly installed. I'll post the pic just for you to look over and compare your removed parts. I also followed the directions but still almost left a gear in there, and that was the second time I have done it LOL

Last edited:
It's been a while but the pictures aren't very clear and I thought it was possible to remove the wrong gear and leave a gear that was to be removed such as this sounds.

jetmechG550 said:
It's been a while but the pictures aren't very clear and I thought it was possible to remove the wrong gear and leave a gear that was to be removed such as this sounds.

I also thought the same thing, thats why I posted the pic of the parts that should have been removed.

yes i have removed all the parts shown in the pic. but it still goes backwards. do you think there is something wrong with my transmission? I am going to take it down to my LHS tomorrow and see what he thinks.

I wish I could help more but without seeing it it hard to tell. When you turn the spur by hand, will it turn the drive shafts in both directions?

no it will only turn the driveshafts in the opposite direction

You must have put something backwards, I didn't think you could but thats what is sounds like.

Did at some point in the past your diffs were out?
I'm asking because the only thing I can think of is your diff's are upside down.

Yeah... they could have always been upside down and you have always been driving in reverse, but to you it would have been forward.

Very strange though.