Revo will not go

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JSY0829

RCTalk Talkaholic
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
Revo belongs to my boss and when he gives it gas it slips ALOT! Slipper nut is tightend down all the way. I can spin the spur gear with my fingers in either direction and it just spins. What's the remedy? What parts need to be replaced?

TIA

yeah, i've done mine twice already... reminds me of goldylocks, not too tight, but loose. that damn clutch has to be juuuuust right. what more than likely happened was the actual pads broke some chunks off and disappeared. if thats not the case, then the problem goes deeper. check the tranny for any stripped gears. a quick check when you open up the tranny case is to just check for white dust everywhere. hopefully you can work this out :) GL!

Thanks everyone. The slipper clutch must be toast because I can wiggle the spur gear back and forth and there is ALOT of movement. Seems like something is missing in there. I ordered a rebuild kit and hopefully that will do the trick.

You could see my clutch was missing chunks out of it. I tighten the crap out of it so I could drive it a little more while the new clutch was on the way. After a few more runs, the clutch was totaly gone and the Revo wouldn't move.

Back