Revo Setups...

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vbgagnon

RCTalk VIP
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
I've been running this setup since I started this summer and I'm loving it. What are you guys running?

Suspension setup:

Front:
30K diff lube
P2 rockers
Bumsteer pivot balls on axle carriers - middle (stock)
Pushrods in middle holes on lower a arms
White shock springs (stock)
#1 shock pistons (stock)
35wt Associated shock oil
Ride height - driveshafts level for smoother tracks, slightly above
level when rough
Caster - either 2 clips front and rear, or 3 clips front, one rear.
Camber - -1 degree
Toe in/out - .5 degrees out per side, sometimes zero to help turn in
Roll center - upper hinge pin in upper holes

Rear:
10K diff lube
P2 rockers
Pivot balls on axle carriers - lower (stock)
Green shock springs (stock)
#2 shock pistons (stock)
35wt Associated shock oil
Ride height - driveshafts level
Camber - -2 degrees
Toe in - 2 degrees per side
Roll center - upper hinge pins in upper holes

Last edited:
i take it you race your revo? i want to start... and i suppose i can now that i actually live near some tracks. my set up is almost the same, except my caster is maxxed with 4 in the front. also, i like the idea of 35k wt oil in the shocks. i didnt know they came in those weights... kind of ignorant, but i was thinking i could only do 10, 30 or 50. i tried the 50 but it was too stiff, so i went back to 30. also i tightened up my springs a tad - green front, tan rear. i keep 50wt in both my diffs... what are you gaining by having such different weights? i'm quite curious...

on a side note, why not just post a link to traxxas' setup sheet?

Last edited:
Diffs : 30k ft & 50k rear (was running a spool but went back to spiders)
Shocks : stock but w/ aluminum parts
Spur/CB 36T-14T ( new slipper clutch also)
RPM carriers
P2 rockers (aal four)
push rods in middle holes ( all four)
OS.18 TM
Exhaust: stock
servos : stock ( about to single servo swap)
camber neg 3 ( all four tires)
Pressure line : 9"
upper hinge pins : upper holes
MIP clutch : set on agressive launch
1400mah receiver pack
MX3 radio and receiver
Sport maxx tires/wheels ( they hook way better than stockers)

I am pretty close to your set up but I run the rear level all the time, regardless of track. I just bump up the spring rate for rougher tracks.

If this is just for racing, I'm sorry for posting.

Diffs: whatever stock is (anyone know?), I wouldn't mind running heavier, but I haven't taken it that far apart yet.
Engine: OS 18TM
Pipe: Stock w/drilled out stinger until sides are only about 1mm thick
Clutch: 1/8 scale 3 shoe (savage clutch)
Gearing: 38/15
Reverse: No
Tires/Rims: Maximizer 5-hole w/t-maxx stock chevrons, also aluminum hex's (RD Logics)
Arms: RPM
Rockers: P2, connected on middle hole on RPM arms (a little above level)
Shocks: Stock shocks w/55 weight and silver springs. Had aluminum ends, busted one off. Suspect it's from using the tallest hole on the arms.
Servo's: 645MG steering w/HD saver spring, Futaba S3305 throttle/brake

No olds I wanted to start a thead where people could post whatever they are running and how it works for them. THis way people new to the revo have a basic idea on how to set it up for whatever they are doing.

I know this is an old thread, but I'm still interested to see what peoples setups are for bashing. Primarily shock oil/spring/rocker combinations.

Also, are there different shock pistons stock front to rear? I bought a set of shocks off Ebay and I think I put the rear ones on the front and front on the rear...

I've busted 2 shock shafts so far running aluminum ends.
Also, My push rod ends on the rear rockers wear out after a quart of fuel.

I was running silver springs and 55 weight on all shocks with P2 rockers. I don't know if I'm going too stiff or what. Or if the problems I'm having are just problems you have to live with...

I just tore my shocks apart to replace the shafts with Ti-Ni shafts and stock plastic ends.

In doing so, I went set it up like a revo 3.3 in respect to oil/spring/rocker combinations and I totally HATE IT!!! I just got back from running 3 tanks of fuel through it and they were the 3 most boring tanks of fuel I've run... ever. Anything more than a foot or so of air and it would bottom out. Anything over 2-3 feet of air and it would bottom out so hard my header would come disconnected. So, I just meandered around the skate park for a tank and came home totally disgusted. It handled like crap, the rear end drug on the ground at the smallest of jumps, steering was totally unresponsive...

If the rod ends and snapping of shock shafts are problems you have to live with to have a revo that can jump a few feet without bottoming out, then I may be selling the thing.

Hi,

My REVO was sold. But I used to use different rockers and the result is pretty good. For flat surface, I use P3 in front and P2 for rear. For bumpy surface, I will move 1 rocker down, P2 in front and P1 for rear.

Thx

Joaquim

MW, I'm guessing your on a track? That setup would totally blow for any type of decent jumping. It just bottoms out so easy with stock springs.

I ran it this weekend for a couple tanks getting about 3-4 feet of air. I changed my springs to all 4 silver and I left the oil at 30 weight. Still a little soft, but it doesn't bottom out nearly as bad. The only time my exhaust came off was when I did a dead stick on the nose into the ground. Otherwise, it held up fine.

Then my rear skid plate broke and I lost a hinge pin. Is there a good fix for that? This skid wore out in less than 1 quart of bashing in grass and at a skate park.

I replaced it with a new skid and I have about 20 hinge pins from when I had a t-maxx... what do you know, they are the same diameter. I cut one and now it's all fixed. But, I'd like to protect that rear skid somehow. I see that New Era has aluminum and ti skid covers... I'd just want it so the skid has something to wear against instead of the skid itself.

Yes Olds, mine is set-up primarily as a racer and yes, the suspension is a bit softer. I do get some chassis slap when I'm racing and bashing around in the yard.

Hey guys, I'm a new racer to RCNT, heres my Revo setup for a starting point on any track, I adjust here and there as needed:
--Front--
-Green springs / 40w oil
-P2 rockers
-7k diff oil
pushrods: center hole
toe out: 1 deg
camber: -1.5 deg
ride height: just above level
caster clips: 3fr 1 back

--Rear--
-Tan springs / 40w oil
-P2 rockers
-3k diff oil
pushrods: inside hole
toe in: 2.5 deg
camber: -2 deg
ride height: level

tires: Original MT Bow Ties on narrowed Pro Line dish wheels

My Revo is very light... here's the parts/mod list:
-E.B. modified O.S. TM18
-Imex pipe, Trinity pipe
-150cc Hellfire tank
-Traxxas F.O.C.
-Traxxas close ratio gears
-Traxxas P-2 rockers
-RPM oversized axle carriers, bumpers, and front control arms
-Traxxas adjustable wheelbase rear control arms (set at max length)
-RDLogics engine mount
-RDLogics CVD axles and center shafts
-Vantage CF chassis
-Extreme Racing CF trays
-Tekno RC wing mount / ProLine 1/8 buggy wing
-Airtronics 94385z single steering servo
-Hitec 425bb throttle/brake servo
-Ofna buggy mod'ed linkages
-steering stops shaved / steering arm shaved
-custom airbrushed body by ADRacing
All I do is race.. no bashing with this machine. This pic is a month or so old before I did the tank mod and got rid of the big aluminum radio box:
top-2.jpg

Last edited:
Revo Set-up

Diffs
Fr=50k
Cr=500k/diff lock
Rr=30

Shocks
50 weight all around
Rd Racing caps
titanium shafts
Fr=gold