*New Tekno Wing Mount

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mallanaga

RCTalk Addict
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
TeknoRC

seems they outdid themselves.

# All new design incorporating our customer's important feedback.
# Direct Bolt-On, no mods, stock looks.
# By far the simplest, most complete, and most durable wing mount option for the REVO.
# Adjustable angle (0 - 16.5 degrees).
# Adjustable height (0 - 6mm offset).
# All metric hardware.
# Increased durability over previous design.
# Track tested to ensure performance and reliability.
# Injection molded from super-tough nylon composite.
# Ready to accept the wing of your choice (sold separately).
# REVO 3.3 compatible.
# Made in the USA
# Kit includes:
2 Tekno RC wing brackets and 2 mounts
3 heavy duty aluminum braces
All metric hardware needed to install the mount and a wing
Instructions w/ wing mounting hole template

Hmmmmm. Well, if I break my two older ones, I guess I will upgrade.

Got it! Will run it this weekend. Lets see if the nose diving will stop and if the handling will improve.

olds97_lss said:
Nose diving off of jumps or when stopping? Do they really make that much of a difference in the air?
Actually practically EVERY jump is nose heavy. Got this in hopes t alleviate that problem.

I know it cured my nose heavy problem (I have the old one though)

Get the new Tekno tank,Rx and battery pack mount and get the weight to the rear a bit with that. It helped mine.

I've never run with a wing (but I will be soon) Wouldn't a turn or two more spring on the front shocks fix the nosing problem in the air or even breaking into corners?

its not gonna be a magic fix for nose diving, mainly throttle control will help with that. Do you have a nice fast throttle servo? Because having a fast one is instrumental in being able to blip the throttle in the air and have it bring up the nose before a landing..
The wing doesn't really do that much for me, but its been a while since I've run mine, so I could be a bit wrong here. I like it mainly for engine and exhaust pipe protection.

they look sick also..
I'm going to be buying one of these new versions soon, as it has all the changes i wanted.

Maxxslinger, throttle control should not be an issue when jumping. I've had buggies, a stadium truck, and a truggy and they all few flat. The revo just has alot of wieght up front. I'm also running an airtronics 94357 which is one of the if not the fastest servos on the market @ .07 sec transit time.

Since I put the wing on it balanced out the truck and I'm not having that issue anymore.

ok, well my revo flie very level and i dont run with the wing very often..

you can see my videos and its obvious that i dont have a nose heavy truck.

it could be because of the mods I've done, which include techno conversions and various cf products.

I'm not here to argue with you about whether or not the truck is nose heavy..but from my experience, its weighted very well. And throttle control in the air has alot to do with its behavior...everyone doesn't have to agree about this, we are allowed to have different opinions.

Opinions are for everyone and not all are agreed upon. I for one think that MY REVO 3.3 in particular is nose heavy. I have yet to do any conversions as far as servo or tanks but I plan to. I am just not ready for it yet. I have the servo 94358Z just need the rest.

As far as the nose diving, I think that with the tuning of different parts I can eliminate it. But out of the box it is freaking nose heavy like no ones business.IMHO.

i guess you could be right about the stock setup..but i adjusted everything on mine before i even ran it for the first time. Its also a revo 3.3

Ok here is my Revo with the New Tekno adjustable wing mount

P6290078.gif

P6290082.gif

P6290080.gif

P6290081.gif

Wish they said to remove the rear shock tower . It would have mae it really easy that way to start off.... Looks pimp though.

Looks great Jon! I just dyed my Wabash wheels and hope to get them remounted tomorrow. I had a brain fart and decided to leave them white then decided to unglued the tires and dye them LOL. The wing made a small difference but it is still nose heavy. I started messing with the springs and shock oil but I don't know what the hell I'm doing so it's not going well.