mamba went retarded. help

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dannyd

Hardcore RCTalk User
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
i was just fixing the shims on my rc18b. thats all. when i finished i went outside plugged the battery into the mamba turned the remote on waited for the beeping. i hit the trottle to go foward and it went in reverse. i didnt touch the remotes setting or nothing.

i have a 6800kv mamba on 6 cell pack stock remote and reciever.
so just happened and how do i fix it?

Reprogram your speed control, might have dumped on you.

Sounds like you just need to reprogram the esc..
You have the usb link don't you?

ok let me try that. damn i had it set up awsome to.

well just tried it twice. same result i even tried with out the reverse.

what exactly should i be looking for that should correct this? what do you think caused it?

this crap just messed up my day.

Set your throttle TX setting to the opposite of what it is now. For example, if it's set to "standard" set it to "reverse" or vice versa.

Monkey Wrench said:
Set your throttle TX setting to the opposite of what it is now. For example, if it's set to "standard" set it to "reverse" or vice versa.

i tried that and it will go slow forward but when i reverse its fast like it used to be. any idea on what caused this to happen.
i even tried redoing the mamba settings to i would be all the speed when i switched it

Last edited:
Sounds to me like your ESC is glitching and it dumped on you. If you cannot get it to accept new programming, either get the USB link and try that route or send it to Castle Creations as a warranty issue.

Before trying to program again, though, I'd make sure you have a fully charged pack in there.

I finally found out what my problem was. I put both diff in backwards. I was working on it today and decided to try messing with the diffs. What do ya know.:banana:

Thanks. Now I'm just waiting for some parts to come in. Hopefully they will be in tomorrow.

Back