New rc18t

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Maxx-Rider

RCTalk Racer
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
ok i got a rc18t got home plugged the battery in and plugged batteries into the controller. every hour or so i got restless last night and ran it for 5 mins. did this like 2 times b4 i went to bed just in the house too. so today i got back from school got the battery in the car and went out and drove it. didn't seem like it ran that long maybe 15-20 mins maybe 30 tops thats stretching it. so i wanted to know what are some good first mods. i am thinking battery for longer run times? but what specs should i look for and i would like something that will last so i am not getting new batteries all the time. also should i get something to charge the battery faster? what about suspension and etc?

congrast on getting one. i have the rc18b. i would suggest getting a better battery for it also get a better charger i have a super brain and it charges my better between a hour and 20 minutes and 35 minutes. depending on the number out amps charged at. thet screws on it are pretty weak (atleast the once on mine) so you might want to upgrade. the can get adjustable links for around 10 bucks depending on where you get then. i would say those are some of the important thing to get first

on mine currently i have AE steel turnbucles, AE front and rear shock tower and the AE aluminium shocks all around. I'm about to get a better battery pack preety soon.

ok so what should i look for in a charger? and how much do they usually run? i dunno if i want to go lipo. i heard if i hit something hard there is a chance it will blow up? i got a rpm bumper cause i thought they looked cool today. i also broke the little peice of the steering system that comes up from a pin on the opposite side of the servo. not sure how i did that but it was pretty kool doing donuts like that.

since your not going li-po i would suggest getting the super brain 959. it is very afford able and can charge just about any NI-CD to NI-Mh battery.
i will recamend this one only because i own this one and havent got a chance to try an other. but usaully chargers for for i would say 40 bucks and up

http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXAVN1&P=ML

humm now that i think about it i have a old charger somewhere for my tmaxx quick starter but the plugs are different can i get a plug converter so i can use it

do you know if that charger is able to charge the battery you want to charge? if it can you can either cut the end when the plug is anf sodder the plugs oppsite to the charger.

if you dont want to do that just buy the oppsite end of the chargers plug and sodder it to the male end of the old plug you used to charge the battery. its hard for me to explain ill put a pic up of what i mean tomorrow morning.

yea i get what your saying how can i tell if the charger is compatable it is to my micro battery this is the kind of battery i use it for now http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXAFD2&P=M i would still want to use it for my t-maxx so i would have to do the opposite end converter kinda thing.

i also broke that steering part again so i had to get it in alumium guess it is better then breaking one everyday lol.

i fried my esc too DOH

do you have a pic or a link to the charger you have? and how did you fry the esc so fast?

i will try to find a link for it think it is made by dynamite or something like that.

not sure what happen to the esc i was driving it today and all the sudden it wouldn't go into reverse so i figured the battery was low and charged it rehooked up the battery and then it wouldn't go forward only reverse so i reset it up for the controller and it still would only go in reverse so then i unplugged the esc for a few minutes and rehooked it up and then it would only go forward then all the sudden when i turned it off it started smoking and heating up so i unplugged the battery. guess it is time for a mamba... was hoping it would last longer then that.

you should e mail AE and tell them what happened with the ESC. if you find out what charger you have put it up. try searching tower to see if they have the charger you have.

i dont think you can use it. it says it charges at an average of 4 amps. the rc18 battery packes usually charge at 1 amp sometimes 1.5 but starts to get hot toward the end

Back