Snow Running!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ACSAVAGE

RCTalk Racer
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
I have a savage 25 and i wanted to know what i should do for snow running. I have little questions here and there. I was just wondering if you guys could help.

• Brakes suck in the snow, what would makee them better?
  • Engine stuters even though it is running rich, sounds like it is running way to lean but is actually at a nice setting. On pavement or grass it is fine but only in the snow does this occur.
  • What are some great snow tires? All mine do are spin out like crazy in the powder. IF you know how much they cost i would like that info too.
  • Anybody heard of fender flaps for rc cars? I would love to have some cuz the front tires throw massive amounts of snow at the throttle sevo and air filter.

The dual brake upgrade helps. They work better than stock when wet.

Wrap the engine head with aluminum tape to help keep some of the heat in. It stutters because your engine temp in snow goes from one extreme to the other all the time. Wrapping the head kills air flow which may help keep the temps more stable.

Imex soft compound swamp dawgs work pretty good.

Get some plasti-dip for your servo's and put o-rings under the horns to keep water out of them. Balloon the receiver and battery pack.
Pic of servo w/o-ring and plasti-dip:
2005-1211-ServoPlastiDipSideOringHorn.jpg

I run paddle's on everything I've owned,and they work bretty good if it's packed enough,but it's fine powder then i would go with a swamp style tire.

Thx you guys!

Wouldnt paddle tires be better in powder?

i think my servos are protected enough. I plan to make a guard for my throttle sevo.