What 1/18 2 get... ?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ToRqUe1

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
Sup...

I been out of R/C for about 2 years and i remember i used 2 use this site but just forgot my name and password and stuff. BUT anyways I'm looking to get a 1/18 scale just 2 fool around with and some free time. My life if fully commented 2 basketball so I would also like it 2 be a kit that i could put together on my spare time between tournaments and things like that. I would also like the kit 2 include as much as possible that it needs 2 run. I know this is the 1/18 thread but i would also look into others scales as in micro and so what.

Thankz in advance....

Pe@cE

you lookin for a road car or an off-road type truck? The x-ray M18 is an awesome little touring car but parts are not generally as readily available as it's opponent, the HPI micro rs4. As far as off-road goes the Team Associated RC18 series has a outstanding reputation and are very tough little vehicles. All that I have mentioned are available in kit form but you'll pretty much need all electronics including a radio transmitter. That stuff will add up pretty fast. I don't know what type of budget you have but if you're starting from scratch you're gonna end up well over the $300 mark if you do the kit thing. Aside from the kit itself (which range from about $100 to $120ish) you'll need a radio transmitter (cost varies widely), a receiver (varies $40+), an electronic speed control (around $50), some sort of battery back (build a quality one yourself for about $20) and a motor ($12-40). There are other things like a charger if you use rechargable battery packs as well.

or you could simply pick up a Ready to Run for around $200-250

I am looking for a on-road. I have a nitro turing car and a traxxas electric buggy that i can take parts form. Would i be able 2 take the radio and recicver and the ESC from the electric car 2 put on either the HPI or the XRAY ???

you will be able to use the radio but the reciever will most likely be to big as well as the esc.

Back