RC18 CVDs

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Plaidfish

RCTalk VIP
Supporter
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
anyone have trouble getting the tiny pins into the axle on these things?
and is there any tips for installing the CVDs......the pins and like the mini-T you'd use heat shrink for the pins...theRC18 they are captured by the bearing but if there's any other tips I would appreciate it....

Have I said this thing is insane yet????

LOL they are a pain in the ass...

I used a screw driver W/the end magnetized..
You get the pin standing on end and it goes right in...

zandor is right they can be a PITA
but which 1's are you referring too ?
the pins that hold the wheel in place or the cvd pins?
if your running the mamba which i believe your are and if your running aluminum cvd's be very careful with them as itsme can voutche for this they are very easily broken
the 18mt i got off him had 3racing cvd's and 3 out of the 4 snapped within 3 runs and not ramping or thrashing it just speed runs and they would twist right off at the hub part of the cvd .
i finally got my back up and running now i will see how well the titanium cvd's from gpm hold up lol, which i am sure they are going too

Thanks for the tip Zandor.....
Racin I'm talking about the wheel

I'd stick w/ MIP man....I tried so many brands on my T-maxx and other than the UE stuff (I didn't get I've just seen guys w/ them) I wouldn't waste my time w/ any other brand.....and I got teh super diff kit as well but I need to get new diff balls...the last set got cooked into the plastic outdrives so now I have a set of nice FT carbide diff balls covered in melted plastic...I still can't believe AE gives plastic outdrives w/ a FT model.....that's just stupid.....I've only heard bad about 3racing products......GPM seems to be hit or miss.....and I'm sure the Ti will just be stronger anyway.....I was real close to trying those but my LHS had a whole slew of RC18 stuff in stock......

i only wish my LHS carried anything mini ,the only damn thing they have is xmod stuff and the owner says any mini reguardless what it is is a hopped upo xmod and is junk ,
he is and always will be a jackass so i only order stuff i need online now because i always have to wait for them to order anyway and IF they feel like it ,sorry for ranting but thye piss me off

Back