Schumacher Rascal

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Damn another must have micro. There are too many micros these days,have tocollect them all.

I'll check with my hobby shop this comming Saturday

hey monster did you see the .18. this one i am going to get some how

Jesus. Those guys get soppy for power, don't they? An .18 in a 1/16 chassis? Good god. I bet they have a V-8 in their weed eater.

Naa... v6, a v8 is to hard to carry ;)

I agree. It seems like they make stuff that is fast and fragile only. Put in an oversized engine, gear it to the moon and watch the parts fly when it cartwheels at top speed because of the nose lifting with all the wind going under it.

so you guys dont think its going to be good?

dannyd said:
so you guys dont think its going to be good?
Might be worth waiting for the reviews of the new X-Ray 1:18 nitro truck (NT18T) before you decide on the Rascal.

X-Ray claim 50kph for the NT18T from a 0.8cc engine (.05 cuin), so .18 cuin sounds like overkill for the Rascal (assuming the specs are correct).

isnt the whole point of minis to be able to drive them indoors? i dont know, but i think minis should be electric... except for that kyosho buggy... that thing is the ish..

Tough call on that one... the second you look at a mini "MT" in the hobby shop, you look around the chassis to see how you could jam a nitro engine in there... Yeah, they are cool in their electric state, but with nitro running through it's veins... takes it to a whole new level of rediculous!

Supernitro17 said:
isnt the whole point of minis to be able to drive them indoors? i dont know, but i think minis should be electric... except for that kyosho buggy... that thing is the ish..

minies can be good for indoors until a certain point. dont for get there some hoped up minis doing 50-60 mph and those are electric.

dannyd said:
minies can be good for indoors until a certain point. dont for get there some hoped up minis doing 50-60 mph and those are electric.

good point.... :ponder2:

So what is the policy or "rule" about diggin' up old posts here?
Should I just start a new one on the Rascal?
If so maybe someone will edit this and move it....

So some time has gone by since these came out. I have not heard anything bad about these but I only know one person who has one. He loves it and watching videos of it was very enjoyable! I have also watched some videos of them being beat pretty hard with no apparent damage.
I always thought Schumacher stuff was excellent in quality, but at least a few people here seem to disagree?
So what is the verdict on these??
I have one on the way, got a good deal $150.00

Hi I have a Schumacher Rascal it is a good car but it has very poor steering it's fine for messing around in the garden or at the park but I wouldn't race it.

Not really sure what steering troubles you are having?? I have had my Rascal for over a week now and still have not had any steering issues. I was looking for information on something like can it handle all of that power without tearing up the differentials, transmission, etc.

i've got a rascal. bought it for my nephew to play with but its a little mental for him. cuts out under braking too any ideas?

Cutting out under braking is more than likely due to a low idle setting. Make sure the engine is warmed up before setting the idle. I had problems with my first Nitro powered RC doing the same thing, it was a T-Maxx back in the day, but same principle.
The Rascal is a bit of an over-kill as far as the engine size but once he learns to tame down the throttle a bit I think he will enjoy it as much as I have enjoyed my own!

Last edited:
Back