mini lst upgrades.

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beason

Bash, Fix, Repeat..
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
hey guys, i recently got a mini lst and I've been bashing it around a bit. one thing i have noticed is that the steering is very sloppy. i think it is one of the worse designs I've seen. i havent had this thing long enough to really know it inside and out, doesn a company make a servo that could replace both??

i found this on hitechs websight

http://www.hitecrcd.com/Servos/hs65hb.htm

it states 31oz. that seems like enough for this lil truck. but i don tknow if it is, or if that servo will even fit in there.

any ideas? anyone got a link to a single servo conversion for the mlst?

thanks!!

why dont you just replace it with the hitec HS-81 MG servo. Should fit

i would need two servos as noone has made a single conversion yet. and those are 30 bux a peice. i have "fixed" the slop in it, and it seems to work a bit better. i guess that will work for now.

beason, how did u fix the slop? i have the mlst and been battling that same issue.

i will post some pics up of my fix soon. (in a few days) i broke one of the little servo saver washer thingys and the other one when flying across the garage. i rigged it with some screws and washers but had to tighten them all the way down so the servo saver wasn't saving anything ant i busted one of the servo gears. SO i got the servo saver stuff ordered and i gotta get the servo gears then i can put it back together and take some pics.

it involves 2 brass standoffs from a computer case, 2 ball ends off of an ofna buggy sway bar, 2 screws that will thread into the standoffs, a screw i cut the head off to connect the ball ends together, a little drilling, alot of dremeling, and a bit of luck.

ill post up a "worklog" and pics in about a week. gotta test and make sure it works with the servo savers on there correctly.

i have also heard of people replacing the little metal bar with a thicker one( I've heard of a bike spoke, i was gonna use a buggy sway bar), which takes out alot of the slop but it still isnt solid. they also sell one on ebay for 6 bux.