after the revo it's a rc18b

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stephane la bananne

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
Hi guy's after my revo 2 weeks ago ,I will have my rc18b rtr on friday what's your suggestion 4 hop hop but not for bling more for perf..and durability ,i have read in some rc magazine that tre steering servo is a little on the week side and get the ajustable turnbuckle any sugg..:ponder2:

Sounds like you got it!
Servo go with the hitec HS81..
turnbuckles Go with lunsford TI..

Thats about it..There pretty durable out of the box.

Hands down, the adjustable turnbuckles. I'd also recommend better connectors - the Deans Micro 2R plugs are good. At least 3 pairs are needed for a full conversion.

The stock steering servo is good enough for general bashing. Just make sure the gear lash is set properly, and that all the parts are there (a quick visual once-over is enough... you can do this while the battery is charging). If it is missing parts, Associated is good about sending you whats' missing.

Outside of that, I'd say just beat it like a mule until something breaks or wears out, and then upgrade from there. Get your moneys' worth.

I like mine; all I've replaced on it so far is the turnbuckles and connectors. Brushless motor and lipos' are on the horizon.

Rc18b

Hey man i would say for performance and durability go with some MIP CVD and ball diffs, get lunsford titanium turnbuckles off ebay for a good price and a HITEC hs81 mg servo but i never had a problem with my stock servo. Also get a RPM wide front bumper there like 4 dollars worth it, it covers front end really well.

Another suggestion is some sedan tires for better stability and some better oil filled shocks the stock ones leak really bad.

Steve

thanks 4 the info guys ,i orded the front bumper at the same time as the truck last friday and 3 1200mah battery and a super brain charger 959(the purple one)at what rate do you charge the batt..

stephane la bananne said:
thanks 4 the info guys ,i orded the front bumper at the same time as the truck last friday and 3 1200mah battery and a super brain charger 959(the purple one)at what rate do you charge the batt..

No higher than 1 amp. I actually charge mine at .5 amps (as low as my charger goes). It takes a while, but it gets the job done. Anything higher than one amp will literally cause firecrackers.

Back