some minor dificulty

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dannyd

Hardcore RCTalk User
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
as some may know i got my rc18b yesterday. so far i love this thing. the rear tires are almost completely bald. anyway I'm have some problems my right rear bod bone seems to come out of place some times. i also keep hearing this annoying clicking sound. i checked the gear mesh and differental gears. i was running it earlier today in front my house over some left over snow and dirt and grass. i did have some rough crashes but nothing broke. i cleaned it up after the run to check and see the problems. but nothing works. so I'm coming to you guys. why is my dog bone coming out? and what is that clicking noise? this is my first hobby class electric r/c. is the clicking noise normal. it it isnt loud or nothing but its want like that yester day.

The clicking noise.no it is not normal. Check the spur and turn it over,look for any damaged teeth and irragularities.Recheck for any damages on the pinion.

Holding the truck accelerate and listen where the clicking is comming from.The RC18 is a simple truck and you should be able to find from where the clicking comes from.

As for the dogbone comming out,there is a simple mod to prevent this.You install 5/16 brass sleeves on the outdrives.This prevents dogbone pop outs.

I lost my link to the mod:dumb:

Last edited:
i checked the gearing for the 4th time today. I'm now convincd it must be that right rear dog bone that keeps falling out. I'm going to keep working on it though. ill keep you all posted.

danny it is not the dogbone doing it ,remove your top brace and check the mesh of the dif gears ,they may need shimmed and BRP makes a nice set of shims
if you can't find the shim kit let me know and i will getit off tower ,but just do a rc18mt shim search and it will come up with a cpl different kits .
just get the 1 with the most shim for like 5 bucks

thanks racin. turns out it was the little spring behind the dogbone. earlier today when i first heard the noise i took the rear apart and a little spring came out. i didnt know where it went so i put it aside. after closly looking again i noticed all the other ends haad them so i put it in the side with the problem and hear i am now a nice quiet car and a stripped ball screw later. thats for the help you guys all i need now are some A.T tires and I'm good.