rc18 vs mini t

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MEGA MAXX

RCTalk Talkaholic
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
hi

I'm looking to get my little bro either one of these trucks.

which ever one i get him ill probably get the other.

is there much difference in speed? i know the rc18 is 4wd.
are alot of the bodies,wheels and tyres interchangable between the 2?
are they pretty quick stock?

thanks

RC18T / Mini-T

Two very different animals but both fun

Out of the box the RC18T is the better deal, it has better (280/300) motor, electronics: sperate ESC, RX and 3 wire Servo, bearings, oil shocks and adjustable ball diffs.

The Mini-T has a 180 motor, RX/ESC combo with the steering FETs built into it, so the Mini-T does not use a standard 3 wire servo setup. It also doesn't ship with bearings and has friction shocks and a gear diff.

They do share the same wheel type, except the RC18T would use the Mini-T rear wheels as it's 4WD. They also take totally different battery pack types.
You can use certain Mini-T shells on the RC18, like the HMMV, Beetle etc..

Of the two, the Mini-T will require the most hop ups/money to make it stronger and faster. There is the Mini-T Pro version which comes with all the right stuff at a premium.
There is also the RC18T FT edition that comes with all the Factory team billet parts. Again, this comes at a cost.

I hope this helps.

ok thanks

are there any other 1/18th scale cars that are as good as the rc18? with the same hop up ability?

thanks

For about 20-30 dollars more (USD) I would suggest the Mini LST. A huge leap in performance and features over the Mini T.

if you want comparable but different trucks why not get the rc18's they have 3 models that are basicaly the same rigs, all have interchangeable parts. you can get the t (stadium truck) the mt (monster truck) and the b (buggy) all use same battery packs to so you dont have to buy a bunch of batterys.

the MLST is great little truck, but it had some first production issues with the plastic for the gears. it was too soft and would strip out. i believe thats been fixed now, but if u do get the MLST u may want to break down the gears and boiling the plastic gears.

what about the hot bodies minizilla? looks pretty good.

SF04, the Mini LST I bought has the upgraded gears included for the day when you strip out the old ones. they are throwing them in with the kits now. I plan to put mine up for sale soon, so whoever gets it will get the new pieces with it.

Vote for the RC18 or MLST.

The mini T is a fun little truck but starts adding up quick when you start buying stuff to make it some what equal to other trucks. Now if you do buy one, go for the Pro mini T, it's got all the stuff you're going to buy anyways. I think it would be better to just buy a MLST and a center diff for it.

Ray

savagefan04 said:
the MLST is great little truck, but it had some first production issues with the plastic for the gears. it was too soft and would strip out. i believe thats been fixed now, but if u do get the MLST u may want to break down the gears and boiling the plastic gears.
i do not understand this
i had seen and done the boiling thing for winter running ,but it makes the parts softer so they do not break as easy in the cold.
so wouldnt boiling the gears make them softer and easier to strip out???

i personally have both and i prefer the 18mt over the mini-t simply because it is better built and its 4wd ,out of the box the any of the rc18's are faster them a out of the box mini-t
but thats my opinion
rick

i was thinking the same thing... but what gets me is they used plastic gears in a gear diff........

do they make upgraded diff gears for the mlst?

i vote for the rc18. i just got my rc18b and i love it. it is durable as hell. i carted like nine times no lie and it landed on the wheels and kept going. the thing is preety fast too. I've already worn down my rear tires ( iwas running on the pavement with dirt tires). but i found a place where i can get tire for 3 or 4 bucks. the mst from what i heard is also an awsome truck also. either one of the 2 would be perfect.

RC18 family is the most durable,one tough customer out of the box.

The Mini-T is interesting when you get the Mini-T Pro and add yur electronics.The RTR Mini-T has too many flimsy parts and friction shocks...:ahh:

The MLST is too fragile overall,I would not consider it.Unless you are a very good driver and still like to buy parts.It will become a great truck with a few upgrades but then it will cost ya.

How fast I cannot tell I never ran with the motors they came with,switched to much more capable motors as soon as the box was open.

Back