Rc18mt upgrade help

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tmaxx05

RCTalk Basher
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
I have an rc18mt but i want to upgrade all the plastic to aluminum and i can't seem witch brand name is the best to get and a great price also:fro: . I'm also looking to get the Mamba off ebay; what kind of upgrades would i need if i get the Mamba 8000?

from what I've seen Integy makes some of the best stuff. Price wise I'm sure there is cheaper stuff. But with any RC you really only want certain items to me alum or metal.

Anything cheaper?

tmaxx05 said:
Anything cheaper?

The Billet Kit for the RC18T should sell for a good deal less than the full retail and is a great upgrade.And no you willo not find all these parts for Integy much cheaper.As alu parts go the Team Associated billet kit is a good buy.

Also gearing is very important as you can overgear your Mamba and it will be ruined quite fast with constant overheating.

A Mamba 6800 is the big max to install in the RC18T,this is with teh smallest pinion you can fit.Any large pinions and you ask for overheating.

Monster the mamba will over heat with the bigger pinion because all the extra weight from the aluminium? I'm just gathering info on the brushless things.

i personally if your just lite bashing and stuff would go with the 6800,thats whats in mine that i got off itsme and it is the poop ,will wheelie on command if timing is set right and if your running lipo's ,nimh batts just dont give it that punch it needs to really come to life so to speak.
as for aluminum/alloy parts ,3racing/gpm both sell alloy parts for the 18's and thye are rather less spendy if bought off ebay ,4 arms for less then 20 bucks,

here is a link to a video from beatyourtruck.com they have a sweet looking 18t w/10th scale wheels and baja tires with the mamba 8000 and its totally insane

http://www.beatyourtruck.com/videos/projectFSAstreetruns.zip

and here is a link to a store on ebay itsme turned me on to this guy has great prices too
http://stores.ebay.com/The-Toyz_RC18T_W0QQcolZ4QQdirZ1QQfsubZ4QQftidZ2QQtZkm

Last edited:
I would only use the smallest pinions with the 6800 Mamba motor,alu parts doo add weight but you have toconsider a LiPo battery is lighter than classic cells.

So in the end the weight should not vary too much.

I used the FT aluminum parts on my18t. The kit was installed before the truck was run for the first time. As far as the Mamba, I am in the process of installing a 6800kv on my 18t. I'll let you know how everything goes.:yes:

I've got the Mamba in the the little beast and tried running a 12/55 gear ratio and found that it had waaaayyyy to much torque. I changed to an 18 tooth pinion and still have plenty of zip on a 7 cell 1400mAH pack. And as for over-heating I'm running a heatsink/fan combo.