Ordered my RC18b

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dannyd

Hardcore RCTalk User
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
just order my first mini. the rc18b and the rpm wide black bumper. oh man i can't wait. oh yeah is that bumper good? it was 6 bucks and some change.

Not a bad little option, altho, I can make a recommendation; the linkages on the buggy are non-adjustable. There's a set of steel turnbuckle/ballcup rods that are about $7. That's probably the #1 upgrade you can make to the car.

Otherwise, you're gonna love it. It's surprisingly quick out of the box. Just check the gear lash, and give it a once-over for missing parts.

Yeah, I have a blast running mine. I put the Mambo 6400 in it. I added the FT turnbuckles, Integy steering rack, Integy servo mount, AT servo and servo saver, FT motor heat sink. I like to run it around to blow off steam while I work on my other projects. I might even take it to the track this weekend and see how it does.

Anyone want to buy a NIB Mini LST, used once, indoors?

ok good. and is the bumper i baught good? oh yeah how often are parts missing on these things? and the gear mesh? this thing isnt going to be a money pit is it? on the site it said it would be a good racer and all this other what not.

Mine was missing a spring perch (the little collar that the spring rides against, just below the pre-load clips). Associated replaced it for free. I just had to fax them a 'missing parts claim', as well as a picture of the part (photoshop and the manual made it a snap), and it came in the mail about a week later.

As for the gear lash, it's fairly easy to check; just roll the car back n forth a little tiny bit. Make sure that the pinion and spur roll freely against one-another. Mine was a little on the tight side.

Once you loosen the mesh (if it needs it), the car is a rocket. It's very durable; I've yet to break it, aside from wearing out the motor.

You'll be very glad you got it. The bumper you got is a good idea. I don't have one myself, but it wouldn't hurt if you're really rough on a car.

However, every time I look at it, I can't help but think how alike it is to a TC3. Too bad AE won't make a 10th scale version... I'd jump on it before anyone could blink.

oh ok. thanks. about how many runs did the stock motor last?

All the RC18 family of RC's is a sure bet and a great investment.

For racers,bashers and those who want to experiment with the sickest brushless over the top speed setups.

Any RC can become a money pit,where you have good parts support you have a place to put money.For racing the bling bling is not needed and a waste.get parts that help performance not alu bling all around.I have a bling bling RC18t and am preparing a race RC18t.The bling costs alot and will not help performance as the car will have added weight.

Last edited:
I'm not going for the bling factor. I'm going for perfomance and durablity. hopefully i will find a track that i can practice driving around.

Mine lasted about 50 runs, but that was in-house bashing about (the dog chases it, which makes it all that more fun). About 10 of those runs was with the gearlash too tight, which probably contributed to the early death of the motor. I'm currently saving up for a Mamba 6800 setup, and possibly some decent batts.

Overall, that's the only part I've broken on it. A new stock motor is only about $5 or so on ebay, but I'm just plain too lazy to order one, lol.

so if its meshed properly then i would get a couple more runs out of it then right?

Congrats on your order man. It's a cool little buggy right out of the box!

thanks man. i read you got yours already lucky dum:jk: . when i get it I'm only going to get the turnbuckles and leave it like that for a while. my basement is almost finished so all my money is going into my new work area. now i get all these tool i couldnt have because i had no room for in my room.

Yeap, you'll get a lot more runs out of it, because the motor won't have to work as hard to turn the gears. Also, since you're gonna run it on pavement, get the foam tires. They're cheap, and help save your dirt tires for the dirt.

do you know if they make all terrain tires? i change my mind really quick I'm out side. it happens all the time. one minute I'm on the street next I'm in my neighbors front yard ( he lets me drive arround his front yard).

I think Proline _might_ make some all-terrains in that size. If you go to the RC18 page on tower, there'll be a parts list. Near there is an option parts... Any tires that they carry would be under that.

i emailed proline if they going to come out with bodies, wheels and tires for the rc18b so they look like the 1/8 scale bodies.

i got my rc18b today. the first thing i said was DAMN this thing is small. i check the mesh and everything. the only thing I'm missing is the lower shock cap thing. the thing that holds the shock in place.

dannyd said:
i got my rc18b today. the first thing i said was DAMN this thing is small. i check the mesh and everything. the only thing I'm missing is the lower shock cap thing. the thing that holds the shock in place.

Check in the manual or go to rc10.com, and look into the missing parts claim. You'll just have to research the part number, fill out the form, and fax it to Team Associated. They'll mail you the missing part out free-of-charge. Can't beat customer service like that!

i sent them a e mail with the info. i dont have a fax but when i get to school I'm going to try to sneek into a room with a fax and fax them. i did get to run it today though. this thing is preety fast.

Back