RC18B on the way

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SMaxxin

SLAP YA MAMA
Supporter
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Finally decided to pick up a 18th! All of this crappy weather I needed something to run in the house LOL. I'll put up pics once I get it, in the mean time I'll start drooling over a few hop ups and if I'm lucky my wife will let me put a few more $$ in it.

EDIT: Just noticed I'm over 1000 wooohooo

A good cheap hopup that'll run you around $7 is a turnbuckle set. It's the one thing that the buggy is truely lacking out of the box.

congrats...i just picked up a used 18t not to long back.
just be careful of the hop up bug. u'll notice the price of hop ups are price so nice (compared to 1/8 stuff) u tend to go crazy...i did. haha

savagefan04 said:
congrats...i just picked up a used 18t not to long back.
just be careful of the hop up bug. u'll notice the price of hop ups are price so nice (compared to 1/8 stuff) u tend to go crazy...i did. haha

I was looking at a few hop ups and the prices are cheap! I had to stop myself from hitting the order button...........At least for a little while.

Get a better servo and AE HD servo saver, the Integy servo mount, the AE Team turnbuckles, the AE Team towers, the AE Team axle shafts, the Integy steering rack set and the AE Team motor heat sink. If you go to a wild BL motor, get the 60t spur along with the larger gear protector plate to cover it.

Revo Rancher said:
Get a better servo and AE HD servo saver, the Integy servo mount, the AE Team turnbuckles, the AE Team towers, the AE Team axle shafts, the Integy steering rack set and the AE Team motor heat sink. If you go to a wild BL motor, get the 60t spur along with the larger gear protector plate to cover it.

Unfortunately my rc funds are limited at this time so it will be mostly stock for a while. It's killing me not to get the brushless for it, but I'll slowly mod it as needed.

Couldn't take not getting at least one thing for it so I just bought a Hitec HS 225MG servo. Will the AE HD servo saver work on Hitec servos?

I don't know. I will check tomorrow. They make two models. One for one style and another for the one that fits your servo. I do not think it works as I had to change mine once I changed the servo.

I got it today! The first thing I did was put deans plugs on the esc and the battery. Put the battery charging and get it the once over. I checked the battery about 5 minutes in and it was getting warm should I charge it on 1amp? Anyway after the battery cooled down I took it for a drive......Awesome, these things are pretty quick (brushless must be scary) and handle great! It's a great buggy but it's so small it feels like I'm going to break it when I touch it LOL

Last edited:
congrats on getting yours. man i can't wait to get mine in. lucky

Trust me, I've ran mine full-tilt into a wheelbarrow. The buggy just bounced off, cartwheeled for a few seconds, and rolled away like a mini-savage. I've also cartwheeled it off a gardenhose, sent it flying about 3 feet in the air, and done all kinds of jumps down stairs. It hasn't broken one part.